How do I know if my band has slipped?

smittygirl
on 6/8/09 4:58 pm - Bridgeport, CT
I had a revision to lap band over bypass done on April 8, 09. I lost pretty close to 22 lbs so far. My restriction was wonderful. About a week and a half ago, some chicken had gotten stuck and wouldn't go down. I'd started vomitting almost all day that day and for about 3 days after and couldn't eat hardly anything. About 3 days ago I noticed that I could eat with no restriction, no vomitting and no pain. NO RESTRICTION!!!!!! Is that an indication that my band may have slipped because of all the vomitting? Please Help!! 

Shana
Pam M.
on 6/8/09 6:53 pm - WA
I don't know if there are other symptoms, but for me, I was unable to keep any fluids down. I vomited all night, and was in incredible pain. I was begging for pain medication by the time I got to the emergency room. That was my experience, there may be other symptoms as well that are different from mine. 

~My story on my revision to RNY from the lap-band is in my profile~

animallover62301
on 6/10/09 3:51 pm - Toledo, OH
My days were always different, one minute I could eat and the next I couldn't.  I had acid reflex really bad.  Finally got sick of the not knowing when I could and couldn't eat. Vomitting alot too.  Had a barium swallow and sure enough it slipped.
Most Active