United Health Care Choice Plus Plan requirements

marcia7749
on 6/9/09 2:15 am

Has anyone had a revision with United Health Care...Choice Plus Plan...being their insurance company?

I am getting mixed requirements from the surgeon and the insurance company....

The surgeon says I need 6 months of supervised weight loss thru him...

Insurance company does not list that as a requirement.

Thank you in advance......

Marcia

wb1367
on 6/9/09 4:45 am - Eden, GA
I am in the process of seeing if they will approve me for a revision from Lap band to a RNY

My just said that I had to have 5yrs of doctumentation of being overweight and 2 co morbities.

I am waiting to find out if I am approved they just submitted yesterday.

marcia7749
on 6/9/09 5:11 am
Thank you.......

Do you have the Choice Plus plan?

I am waiting for one of their nurses to call me and verify anything that they might want....actually from the surgical approval department.

Benefits told me obesity, diagnosis, weight, height, etc....BMI, non surgical attempts at losing weight, and 5 yrs of documentation of bein obese.....

They said nothing about pschycologists or supervised diet for 3 or 6 months.....did yours?

Thanks again,

Marcia

sunnidayrain
on 6/9/09 6:04 am - TX
Ill be interested in hearing this too. My husband had RNY and would like a revision to DS.
We have UNC choice plus.  I want to know the requirements. I heard that Our plan has a $$ cap on WLS .. of 50k per lifetime per member  but I am not sure. We are just starting the process for hubby.

Ami

Adoptive mom to 3 children with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders     
Lorie2
on 6/10/09 8:03 am
I had a revision from rny to extended rny. I have united health choice plus. I had no problem, I had to do no diet before. If its a covered benefit there shouldn't be a problem. My surgery was in Feb of this year.
marcia7749
on 6/10/09 9:46 am
Lori,

Ohhhhh.....thank you!!  That is what I wanted to hear....how about psychologist?  Did you have to do that?

Waiting to hear from doctor and from insurance company.......

Hurry up and wait.....ughhhh....

Lots of love to all,

Marcia
Lorie2
on 6/10/09 12:08 pm
Yes I did the psych eval. It wasn't that big of deal either. I went to the same dr I had the first time around. I didn't have to do all the paper work and "test" like the first time. Just know what they are going to do for surgery and know what risks there are. The dr just wants to make sure you know what is happening. Also try to call care coordination thru the insurance. They will know the status of your claim. I called every other day while I was waiting. They told me if it is a covered benefit, then there is no problem. Care coordination just ligns everything up. Do you know if the code for your revision is covered under your plan? I called and made sure mine was. I have some of the codes if you need them. Then you can call the insurance and see if it is coverd.
marcia7749
on 6/10/09 11:20 pm
Lori,

Could you e-mail me the codes?  [email protected]

Thank you sooooo  much for all of the wonderful information.

Have a wonderful day !

Marcia

Most Active