hernia i just need some advice and maybe an ear.

mizzzkittty
on 6/7/09 3:14 am - ocala, FL
Hello all.

In 2001 i had gastric bypass 3 years later i got a hernia (from the surgery ) it sometimes is very painful it is about 10 inches long and if i sit or stand too long the buldg grows so i pretty much lay in bed alot. I do not currently have insurance and im unable to get medicade or disability. I tell my dr at t he clinic how much pain im in every single day and he doesnt belive me. He thinks i am just seeking drugs (he gave me 1 RX 1 time ) I swear to god i am not seeking drugs. I just want to get better. Over the past few years i have gained back 100lbs and im just so depressed, the dr says there is no way the hurnia could hurt. is it true? did any of you have a hernia this big and have no pain when doing activities for longer than lets say 30 min to an hr depending on what it is. I have told the dr i just want it fixed. time to time it gets so bad my hubby has to take me to the ER. They are sick of seeing me and a dr there has accused me of the same thing "drug seeking" I dont understand this at all and im realy depressed. When im not in pain i dont want the pain meds at all. I know they are addictive so when i do have them i dont take them till im in so much pain im in tears. Does any one have any advice? Have any of you had a larg hernia like this? It is as big as the gastric bypass scar.

thank you for your time.
Deanne K.
on 6/9/09 6:39 am - Tucson, AZ
I had an umbilical hernia and yes I had pain that came and went.  It will cause pain if it cannot be reduced back to it's normal location.  If you cannot pu**** back in, it's a medical emergency and will need surgery to correct.
Best of luck to you
Most Active