One last try!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/09 8:26 am - Menomonee Falls, WI

I had a RNY and the (failed) Restore trial.  My stoma gives me no restriction.  7 days ago I started eating lean meat (around 2 oz.) and as many non starchy vegetables as I care to eat about 7 to8 times a day.  I was desperate!  My ravenous hunger I was having and my crashing blood sugars have subsided.  I still don't feel like I ate anything.  I still have "head hunger" but I am getting by with under 1000 calories for the past week.  Just thought I'd put this out there.  I had a 2 oz pouch to start and a 25 mm stoma before the Restore trial which I am assuming I have that again now and a 100 cm bypass which has never given me any malabsorption.  I need a revision but this will have to do for now.  I will let you know if I can do this forever.  Daisy

Kerry J.
on 6/3/09 10:28 am - Santa Clara, UT
 You need the DS. I lived with RNY for 28 years; got a revision to DS last September and I just love it. I've lost 83 pounds so far and I eat like a normal person, no dumping, no food sticking and I can take Ibuprofen. 

If you want to know all the details of what I've been through you can read all about it on my profile. But the long and the short of it is IMO, RNY sucks, DS rocks.

Kerry
(deactivated member)
on 6/4/09 12:01 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
I know you are right.  Because of my failure and complaining my surgeon had terminated our doctor patient relationship.  I need to find a new surgeon and haven't gotten up the courage to ask someone to help me.  Thank you Kerry for understantding.  I am still hanging in there with the protein...we'll see how it goes.  Pax et bonum,  Daisy
Most Active