Help had surgery in Mexico and need a revision

corinne P.
on 6/3/09 10:52 am - sparks, nv
I had RY about 8 years ago.  I had it done in Mexico. I have gained weight. I am looking for a surgeon that will do a revision to a DS or Sleeve.  I would also like to know if or how they determine a patient is a viable candidate?  I am a cash person and just want to have this done.  I don't want to go through doing all types of tests to be told "sorry" there is nothing I can do for you. ( I know there will be tests needed).  
Kind regards,
Corinne
Kerry J.
on 6/3/09 9:35 pm - Santa Clara, UT
Hi Corinne,

I got a revision from my 1980 gastric bypass from Dr. Rabkin in San Francisco; many of the DS surgeons I spoke to thought it would be too dangerous for me, but Dr. Rabkin had done many so that's why I went with him. The results have been spectular, I just love my DS.

If you want to go to Mexico again, the only surgeon there that may possibly do your revision would be Dr. Ungson. I recommend you check www.dsfacts.com for a list of qualified DS surgeons.  

Kerry
corinne P.
on 6/4/09 2:02 am - sparks, nv
Hi Kerry,
Thank you!  I will check it out.
Corinne
KRWaters
on 6/4/09 12:36 am - Manteca, CA
If you meet the criteria for WLS at all, then you should be a cndidate, 40 BMI or 38 BMI and two co-morbidities. It does not matter which WLS. All of us who had a revision to a DS met the qualifications to have it done and so we did. You should go see a DS surgeon to get all the true facts. A RNY surgeon will not promote the DS as he does not do it.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 9:53 am - San Diego, CA
Hi Corrine - I sent you a personal message.  Good luck with everything! :)
Rockne
on 6/7/09 12:01 pm - South Orange County, CA
You might want to look into this well respected surgeon, a solid renowned revisionist.

http://www.obesityhelp.com/morbidobesity/bariatric+surgeon+profile+Gilberto+Ungson+mbs.html

His profile is out of date as he done many more revisions and is generally well regarded.

Rock
Most Active