This is RIDICULOUS ...Please read!

(deactivated member)
on 6/3/09 8:48 am - San Diego, CA
Posted this on the main board too...but I know some of us are dedicated to our respective forums. :)  Also, this is not regarding a revision surgery but wanted to post anyhow.

This is so frustrating...especially when it is posted on Yahoo's Home Page and still is rearing "inconclusive results"...or maybe because they are "tricking" obese patients to think they had the surgery when they really didn't??

CRUEL!!!!  Maybe it's just me.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090603/ap_on_he_me/us_med_scarless_obesity_surgery
Lisa B.
on 6/4/09 8:16 am - CO
That's why they call it a clinical trial. They have a group *****ally get it done, and a group who don't. Everyone knows when they sign up for the trial that there is a possibility they'll get the "placebo". Most of the time with these trials, the costs of the procedure is free as is the medical care after. Yes there are still all the risks associated with surgery, but like I said, they know what they're getting into when they sign up.

This is probably just the nurse in me, though ;)

I personally have no interest in having a GARDEN HOSE SIZE TUBE scrapped down my throat YUCK!!!!!

(deactivated member)
on 6/6/09 4:36 am - San Diego, CA
Okay that's better...at least they know they may be getting the sham procedure.  KILL ME NOW to find that out a year later!  lol
Most Active