Help ..today...meeting with Surgeon to discuss RNY revision

JustLora
on 6/6/09 8:16 am - Omaha, NE
Is the sleeve a possibility, instead of the band?
marcia7749
on 6/6/09 10:57 am
Lora,

I don't really know....I have never researched the sleeve.....

After my endoscopy Monday....I will know more....

Thank you so much!!

Marcia
Pound4Pound
on 6/7/09 5:24 am - Prattville, AL
All I will add to this entire post is: Show me one DS to RNY revision. The DS is what everyone turns to when all else fails. Why not just skip the failures and do it right the first time? That just may be my pea brained logic, but it is the only thinking that works for me.

Artificial Intelligence is simply no match for Natural Stupidity.

JRinAZ
on 6/7/09 1:37 pm - Layton, UT
On June 7, 2009 at 12:24 PM Pacific Time, Pound4Pound wrote:
All I will add to this entire post is: Show me one DS to RNY revision. The DS is what everyone turns to when all else fails. Why not just skip the failures and do it right the first time? That just may be my pea brained logic, but it is the only thinking that works for me.
I remember years ago sitting in a WLS seminar and hearing them say that the Rny CAN be taken down (undone, rebuilt, switched, etc.)  but that the DS was permanent!  .....  I guess you don't have many optins with the DS when things aren't going as planned then?  Atkins diet maybe? 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

Pound4Pound
on 6/8/09 12:28 am, edited 6/8/09 12:34 am - Prattville, AL
I think what you are implying is that the DS is non reversible. If that is so, that is bad information. Except for the sleeve part, it is completely reversible. All I was saying was that many have had success with the RNY yet many have the RNY fail for them (or they failed the RNY). A lot less do poorly with the DS. The stats don't lie. I am thrilled the RNY has worked for you. We are all in this for the same reasons I hope. Our health. I am not questioning your success with the RNY I just believe more in the DS. Good luck to you.

Artificial Intelligence is simply no match for Natural Stupidity.

JANIECEMOM
on 6/8/09 1:52 pm

Joyce thank thank thank you so much. I had the lap band down July 24, 2008 lost 30 lbs all in the first 6 weeks. 21 lbs the frist week and the rest by the 6 weeks. Have not lost a pound since. Yes I eat right and i workout.  I am going to see my dr on June 17.  The office work call and ask if i am will to do a revision I said yes i wanted to do the sleve, I have medicare and she told me that medicare do not cover the sleve.  So she to me to think about RNY. I was so scared of that then I talk with  a friend and she told me it is not bad as people think it is. Then I read  everything that you said and I feel so much better. You really help me out.  There is no doctor in the state of SC that do DS. I  now wish that I done RNY last year and not the band. I have been over weight all my life and I really thought the band would have done it but it just made me so depress. I want to have a baby and putting a baby on this weight is not good at all. I hope everything works out for me to have RNY so I can finally be happy and get this weight off. Thank you thank you thank you.  I like the fact that you stand your ground on this subject. lol

JRinAZ
on 6/9/09 3:39 pm - Layton, UT
Janiecemom,

You are sweet!  I sincerely hope that everything works out for you so you can move forward on the baby plans!  .....Kudos to you for getting healthy before inviting a new little "person" into the world!  What a blessing you'll give your child if you're active and healthy and teaching him or her to be the same!  You'll be improving the next generation!!! 
Joyce 
Rny 2/11/03-> ERny 12/26/07-> Duodenal Switch 5/12/2010   
     www.dsfacts.com , www.dssurgery.com , & www.duodenalswitch.com

JANIECEMOM
on 6/10/09 5:46 am
thank you
Most Active