what do i ask my primary doctor for a revision?

trilla
on 6/2/09 9:51 am - Normal, IL
I feel I am in need of a revision (i had a RNY in 2005, lost 125lbs- but never got under 215- and now i am regaining weight- Im back up to 259lbs).

I have scheduled an appointment with my primary doctor next week as well. I want to tell him the following:
   - explain my frustration with my diet and exercise after the surgery to not get under 215lbs
   - tell him how I have gained 40lbs in the past 2-3 months for no apparent reason
   - tell him that I never feel full and believe my stomach and stoma have stretched therefore defeating the purpose of my surgery in 2005
   - i want to request an endoscopy to see check it out

should i ask or tell him anything else?

I need to limit my expenses as much as possible and go through this smoothly (i.e., not forget something and have to schedule multiple appointments).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!
JanelG
on 6/5/09 8:54 am - Canada
I think your list of reasons for revision is totally valid.  I would maybe suggest getting a barium swallow rather then an endoscopy.  I was looking into revision, and that's what most of the surgeons wanted me to get first, so they can assess the size of my stomach.  Plus, it's cheaper then endoscopy for sure!
Most Active