Lurker No More!

dsnydi
on 6/2/09 5:26 am
Hello ~

I have been lurking on this board for a while.  I've been in the process of gaining insurance approval for a revision.
I had an open RnY in 1999 and I need a revision ten years later.  I had my endoscopy yesterday and this is the final thing I needed to get approval.  My surgeon was there for the procedure (I love that my surgeon does that!) and I will be speaking with him soon about the results.  He just has to write the letter to the insurance company and when they hear back I'm ready to go. 
However, after I woke up the gastro doc's response to my question of size of the stoma was "Oh yeah, it's too big."  Yay!  That means there is medical reason for the revision. 

I have a tentative date of August 12th.  I'm getting excited and nervous at the same time.  When I had my original done I was single.  This time I'm married and have two beautiful little daughters.  It's a bit scarier as I have more to lose this time around. 

Pre-Revision: 228 - I had my second baby Feb. 18, 2009
Current Weight: 186 I had a revision via lap to my RnY on August 18, 2009

Monique H.
on 6/2/09 7:11 am
Welcome and I hope all goes well for you. What revision are you having?
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
dsnydi
on 6/2/09 10:43 pm
Hi Monique ~

Thanks for the well wishes.  I am having a revision to another RnY.  I don't really need to have the ERnY done so it will just be a new version of what I already have.

It will look different though. My original surgeon did a horizontal pouch and my new surgeon does a vertical pouch.  Other than that it should be the same. 

I'm very much looking forward to getting back on track.  I went without care for about 7 years.  That was too long. 

Tomorrow I'm attending my first support group meeting with this doc.  I'm looking forward to it too. 

Diane
Most Active