Revision Surgeon's in Michigan

Ce*Ce
on 6/2/09 1:15 am - Ann Arbor, MI

Hello All,

Currently in the information gathering and research stage; I am looking for feedback, good, bad or in between on revision surgeon’s in the Michigan area. I had a RNY in 2004 and would like to revise to a DS.

Thank You,

CeCe~

dreaminofthin
on 6/2/09 5:47 am - Hillman, MI
Hi CeCe! 

I could be wrong, but I think there are only about 5 surgeons in Michigan that do the DS.  I'm scheduled for a revision from a lap band to a DS tomorrow, as a matter of fact.  My surgeon is Dr. Kemmeter at Grand Health Partners in Grand Rapids.  He also has 2 partners that do the DS as well.  Then, I think there are 2 others in SE MI - though I don't know names or anything.

Also, if you find a DS surgeon, make sure that they do REVISIONS - from what I understand, not all surgeons do revisions.

Good Luck,
Stephanie
Kathy H.
on 6/2/09 6:49 am, edited 6/2/09 6:49 am - Kent, WA
Hi, CeCe

Stephanie is right, not all DS surgeons will do revisions. An RNY to a DS revision is tricky, and you'll want a surgeon that's versed both in revisions and in DSs - that may mean traveling.

Here's a list of DS surgeons and notes on whether or not they do revisions. You can use this list, along with the surgeon information on dsfacts.com (under "getting the DS") to contact the surgeons you're interested in.

Hope this helps.... and best of luck on your search!

Kathy

http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/ds/3808137/List-of-DS-Surg eons-Performing-Not-Performing-Revisions/

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Have you considered the Duodenal Switch? Information is power.

Ce*Ce
on 6/2/09 11:46 pm - Ann Arbor, MI

Thank you both Stephanie and Kathy for the information- it is much appreciated.

Stephanie, hope all goes well with your revision today.

CeCe~

KRWaters
on 6/3/09 6:15 am - Manteca, CA
Another thing to get you on the ball for a DS, come to the DS forum and read the posts and ask us questions. We won't steer you wrong. We are honest people and no subject is too gross to talk about.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

Most Active