Plastic Surgeon Guest Speaker at Brigham &Womens-Boston

NeedhamGal
on 6/1/09 1:21 am - MA

Hi Tomorrow, June 2nd there will be a special support group open to Gastric Bypass and Lap Band Patients.  (You do not need to be a B&W patient to attend)

Guest Speaker;    Plastic Surgeon Dr.Karl H. Breuing of Brigham & Womens Hospital, Boston

Topic: Body Contouring after weight loss surgery

Where: Carrie Hall, Brigham and Womens Hospital. (Boston )  6 to 7:30 Pm, June 2nd

I have attended a session similar a few years ago and it was extremely informative.  Hope you can attend.

Joan

rockysmom
on 6/9/09 8:11 am - Dartmouth, MA
o.m.g. - I am so bummed I missed it!  I haven't been on line much -- been too involved with the stuff of life!  How was it?
NeedhamGal
on 6/21/09 11:30 am - MA
sorry for the late getting back with you..I just found the email notification in the spam section of my email..And I know you are not spam!!!

The session was good. He stressed safety. They do one piece of surgery at a time..they don't do the whole body in one shot. A big thing he stressed is that our skin has been pulled and is thin like tissue paper..so to sew it together it is hard for the stitches to stay. for the legs this can be an issue for there is still meat on the legs.  30percent of people have open wound sores..and they can be tricky for the skin is so far removed form our core body that antibiotics don't work well.  Also, he wants people to be at their goal weight for the best results and they need to have all their blood work in order: diabetes under control, blood pressure under control, protein counts up high and all vitamin counts in order for a healthy recovery.
they had before and after pics....quite impressive. but ...I will say I am not at the point to sign up...or I am sure I will sign up until I try spanks!
Joan
Most Active