I got my Date!!!

KyleBeth
on 5/29/09 1:09 pm - Erie, PA
My appointment went well today I have a surgery date!!! September 3rd-- I wi**** wasn't so far away... but i'm so glad to know for sure when it's happening.

I really want to lose about 25 pounds before that......but for some reason the weight doesn't come off as easy as it goes on darn it!!! 

Please share you weight loss revision stories with me.. i'd love to hear them. My Doctor said results vary with a revision.... so paitents lose 20 pounds some lose much more than that...... i'm hoping to lose much more than that! I'm at 276 today...... I'd like to lose 100 pounds... but i'm not sure that is realistic.

:)
Lilypie - (b6LK)      Lilypie - (evIs)
macsue
on 5/29/09 1:44 pm - Danville, KY
Congratulations on your date!!  
<^><^><^>Where there is faith there is hope, Where there is hope there is everything<^><^><^>         
rebeccaford
on 5/30/09 3:42 pm - Honolulu, HI
Congratulations!  Sept 3rd will be here before you know it.  I was 271 when I had my revision from a VBG to RNY.  My surgeon said a realistic goal for me is 200.  Of course I would like to be less than that.  When I had my first surgery, I got down between 160-165.  I was very very happy at that weight.  I'm going to shoot for 200 as my first goal and then 165 as my 2nd goal. 

I also "heard" that us revisioners will lose weight a lot slower than virgin RNY patients.  I'm almost 8 weeks out and I have lost 35 pounds.  It feels very slow, but I'm in such a better state of mind than I was at my first. 

I had a rough hospital stay.  It was 6 days.  I was having some difficulty getting enough oxygen and producing enough urine on my own.  I had an open VBG originally and I needed it open again.  Dr. Carter said there was a boat-load of scar tissue.  I had 52 total staples.  That part wasn't that bad.  It was the nausea.  Everything made me so sick to my pouch :-) 

But that has passed for the most part now.  I don't regret getting revised for one minute.  I have not thrown up once (before this surgery I threw up daily) and my severe, debilitating acid reflux is gone!  So if I never lost another pound it would be fine with me. 

I went back to work 1/2 days the 3rd & 4th week and then full time after that.  I still get fatigued so I take it easy most of the time.  I walk the dogs or do the treadmill for 30 minutes every other day.  I want to kick up the exercise more, but I don't feel quite ready. 

Anyway, feel free to ask my any questions if I can be of help.  Good luck!!
Rebecca
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Tammy M
on 5/31/09 10:58 am - Somers, CT
Congratulations on getting your date! It will be here before you know it! It's going to be hard with the lifting restriction isn't it? I'm so worried about that - I'll probably be getting my revision in September or October too......anyway - congratulations again - Hope you lose everything you want this time!
Warm Regards - Tammy -
Lilypie - (dOEW)preview image

Most Active