I AM HOME AND 25 LBS LIGHTER....YAHOOO

JROLFSON
on 5/29/09 6:05 am, edited 5/29/09 6:08 am - St. George, UT

Okay everyone...I made it home Wednesday Night and I rested all day yesterday...I feel so good I can't even begin to tell you....

I weighed in first day of pre op diet at 214 this morning I weighed, after a new scale was purchased 189!!!  I have lost 25 lbs in 3 weeks and I am stoked....Biggest thing to remember though is who I am and how easy I could lose this is I'm not the most careful I've ever been.

Your thoughts, phone calls, visits and well wishes were so very important to me...Your outcries of love and caring made me want to hear from my OH Board family more than my own...That wasn't very nice but really you all are so kind and considerate.

I had a little incident with the pain patch last night once I left the hospital I left with a morphine pain patch fendynal I think is the name and man it wasn't like the IV shots but it worked smoothly and comfortably but I woke up last night and I toldl my husband to get the elephants off the bed he was like okay I'm ripping that pain patch off...No problem I said, come get it and that was the end of the pain medicine, cold turkey as of today and no problems...I feel better today than I have in 3 years...Lovin it, just lovin it...

I think I mentioned before that Dr. S removed a hernia, small portion of the bowel which was overtaken by scar tissue, as well as he removed a lot of scar tissue and shortened my common conduit to 100 also while in there he found where I hadn't been bypassed hardly at all during my RNY go figure as successful as my RNY was for me, if it had been done right I don't think I would have ever gone down the surgery path again....

Special thanks to:

Mew
Joyce
Deanne
Jen and a big ole thanks to Dr. S
Gina
Michelle
Nita

YOU WERE ALL MY ANGELS!!!!

You guys were all so kind and if I left anyone out that visited or contacted me, I'm so sorry but I was a little woosy for a few days

Love to all of you, especially you on the journey...

Janie

Fatfreedom
on 5/29/09 6:50 am - NH
Congrats to you!  Glad to hear you are doing so well!
In the process of seeking a revision to RNY(12/03).  Sclerotherapy has been recommended after exploratory endoscopy last week.  I am meeting with my surgeon 4/9 to discuss what I am going to do.
JROLFSON
on 5/31/09 1:14 pm - St. George, UT
Thank you so much.

Janie
smileyjamie72
on 5/29/09 7:10 am - Palmer, AK
YAY, Janie!!!!!

Lots of success to you!!!!!

-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

JROLFSON
on 5/31/09 1:15 pm - St. George, UT
Thank you, and the same to you...

Janie
Michele T.
on 5/29/09 7:38 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Janie,

I'm glad to hear you made it home and are feeling so great!  25 lbs is terrific!

I go to the shrink Monday.  Keep your fingers crossed that I'm still sane!  :)

Michele
JROLFSON
on 5/31/09 1:14 pm - St. George, UT
Thanks so much Michelle...

Please keep me updated...I really appreciate your warm wishes...

Janie
Kerry J.
on 5/29/09 7:53 am - Santa Clara, UT
Janie,

I'm so gald you're back and feeliing so good and 25 pounds !!! Wowzer!!!

Let me know when you're ready to get together.

Kerry
JROLFSON
on 5/31/09 1:09 pm - St. George, UT
Hi Kerry:

Thanks for dropping in on this thread. I feel great enough to get together anytime, If I haven't already I will PM you my number and feel free to give me a call.

I think we need to get that support group up and running here in St. George as soon as possible, I know there has to be a lot of RNY'ers out there who have never been to an after surgery support group that could really use us. I was told that OH will help us get one going and will even put it up on the site...Plus we can leave flyers at the hospitals and advertise in the penny saver...

Looking forward to our meeting.

Janie
Monique H.
on 5/29/09 8:08 am
Congrats Janie!!
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Most Active