I'm one day post sclerotherapy....

Fatfreedom
on 5/28/09 1:27 am - NH

Wow-I forgot how hard it was not to eat anything!  Yesterday was my first procedure (you do a minimum of 2), and yesterday I could not eat anything.  The gave me 2 bags of IV fluids.  When I woke up from the procedure I was in agony from the gas.  Luckily they gave me Dilautid (sp?) and the pain went away pretty quickly.  However, they said only 1% of patients feel pain from the procedure, and I am feeling a lot of discomfort.  Every time I move, and even when sitting still I can feel where they injected the scarring gel.

I am praying this works.  I plan to follow the post-op program to a T.  I think the hardest part has been going without coffee for two days!  I can have it tomorrow, thankfully, but oh the caffeine headache!  Ouch!  If anyone else is planning on do this and are a coffee drinker wean yourself off before the procedure!

So I am on clears today then liquids for 2 weeks and then pureed for 4 weeks.  Hopefully this will get me where I want to be!  Thanks for the support!

In the process of seeking a revision to RNY(12/03).  Sclerotherapy has been recommended after exploratory endoscopy last week.  I am meeting with my surgeon 4/9 to discuss what I am going to do.
shele
on 5/28/09 5:47 am

Good to see you post about this!  You can do it! 

Good Luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

rebeccaford
on 5/31/09 2:58 am - Honolulu, HI
Congrats on getting past the procedure.  You can do it!!  Like you said follow your surgeon's instructions.  Keep us posted. 

Rebecca
Rebecca
3/23/2003 Open VBG
4/6/2009 Open RNY Revision
6/08/2011  - I've lost 155 lbs! size 8-10

Most Active