Janie's Update

ginau
on 5/20/09 1:56 pm - mesa, AZ
Hi all !!

I stopped in at the hospital to see Janie today. she is doing very well and should be up and walking  by now.  Surgery  was uneventful , Dr was able to bypass more intestine. and she is looking forward to  her upcoming  weightloss.

She should be out of the hospital in the next day or two.

GinaU aka Jeanna 
 RNY revised  to Extended RNY 5/2008
Total loss 181 and counting 

-

(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 1:52 am - AZ
On May 20, 2009 at 8:56 PM Pacific Time, ginau wrote:
Hi all !!

I stopped in at the hospital to see Janie today. she is doing very well and should be up and walking  by now.  Surgery  was uneventful , Dr was able to bypass more intestine. and she is looking forward to  her upcoming  weightloss.

She should be out of the hospital in the next day or two.

I just talked to her on the phone, she sounds great!  She's excited about the rest of her WL journey.

JROLFSON
on 5/21/09 12:03 pm - St. George, UT
THANK YOU FOR THE CALL IT MADE ME FEEL REALLY GOOD!

Janie
(deactivated member)
on 5/21/09 3:06 am - Menomonee Falls, WI
Hi-I have been reading your posts for a long time.  I am wondering how much you were bypassed and how much you are bypassed now?  I have a wierd bypass...both limbs of the rny are 100 cm according to my surgery report.  My surgeon told me I should tell people I have a 100 cm bypass, so I am confused to say the least.  I only take a flinstones vitamin and my lab work is so high that they rerun the tests at the Advanced Healthcare lab for accuracy.  I never lost any hair like some folks.  They did a GI series by mistake but my surgeon won't write an order for the radiologist to read the xray to determine the actual length of the bypass.  I would think the radiologist could do that if the surgeon ordered it.  I am glad you are doing so well.  Daisy
JROLFSON
on 5/21/09 12:00 pm, edited 5/23/09 2:08 pm - St. George, UT

HI EVERYONE...

I'M HOME (MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME) AND DOING GREAT!

DR. S  REPAIRED A HERNIA, CUT OUT A VERY SMALL PIECE OF BOWELL THAT HAD SCAR TISSUE TWISTED AROUND IT, AND REMOVED A LOT OF SCAR TISSUE...

WHILE IN SURGERY HE FOUND THAT I HADN'T BEEN BYPASSED HARDLY AT ALL DURING MY RNY.REVISION IN 89...

SO HE CORRECTED THE BYPASS PORTON OF MY RNY AND SHORTENED MY COMMON CHANNEL TO 100cc....I  COULDNT HAVE HAD A BETTER SURGEON..... 

I'M ON THE LOSER'S SIDE NOW....MOVE OVER LADIES....IM READY TO TAKE MY SEAT....

THANKS TO DEANNE.GINA.JOYCE....FOR COMING TO SEE ME....THAT MAKES YOU FEEL SO SPECIAL....YOU GUYS ARE THE GREATEST...

ILL BE GIVING UPDATES DAILY....

MEW!....I WANT TO TALK TO YOU....ILL EMAIL YOU....

JANIE

carvelo
on 5/22/09 10:17 am
Janie,

Best wishes for a very speedy recovery! 

Carmen
April J.
on 5/22/09 1:17 pm - Bowie, MD
I was happy to hear that you are doing well and the surgery was uneventful. You were only in the hospital one day...amazing! I am encouraged.
mew6495
on 5/22/09 1:40 pm - MI
On May 21, 2009 at 7:00 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:

HI EVERYONE...

I'M HOME (MY HOME AWAY FROM HOME) AND DOING GREAT!

DR. S  REPAIRED A HERNIA, CUT OUT A VERY SMALL PIECE OF BOWELL THAT HAD SCAR TISSUE TWISTED AROUND IT, AND REMOVED A LOT OF SCAR TISSUE...

WHILE IN SURGERY HE FOUND THAT I HADN'T BEEN BYPASSED HARDLY AT ALL DURING MY RNY.REVISION IN 89...

SO HE CORRECTED THE BYPASS PORTON OF MY RNY AND SHORTENED MY COMMON CHANNEL TO 100CM....I  COULDNT HAVE HAD A BETTER SURGEON..... 

I'M ON THE LOSER'S SIDE NOW....MOVE OVER LADIES....IM READY TO TAKE MY SEAT....

THANKS TO DEANNE.GINA.JOYCE....FOR COMING TO SEE ME....THAT MAKES YOU FEEL SO SPECIAL....YOU GUTS ARE THE GREATEST...

ILL BE GIVING UPDATES DAILY....

MEW!....I WANT TO TALK TO YOU....ILL EMAIL YOU....

JANIE

Janie....IT WAS SO WONDERFUL TALKING TO YOU ON THE PHONE!  You hang in there you are doing great!  

I agree with you about Dr. S being a competent and wonderful surgeon.  I am glad he was able to repair so much.  That alone will make you feel better.

Welcome to the other side....now we can be 'big loosers" together!     Keep in touch.  I will give you a call in a couple of days to see how you are fairing.  

Get some rest...take care of yourself.

You're in my thoughts and prayers,
MEW

pepsi98
on 5/23/09 8:54 am - Norwich, CT
Janie,
I am so glad to hear that you're doing so well!!  Those of who had WLS in the 80's are definately not as fortunate as now.  I know that I really knew nothing of what I needed to keep the weight off.  If I only had hindsight back then!

The best thing, though, is that there are so many options for all of us and that is the greatest blessing of all...technology!!

Feel better and better each day!!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active