Band to RNY

fiveholts714
on 5/19/09 11:41 am - St. George, UT

For any considering going from a band to a RNY, I did just that on 3/16 and so far it has worked well for me.  It was a relief to get the band out, and for the first time in years I do'nt have pain where my port is.

For those who have a band and it works, I'm glad for you.  It works for a lot of people, just not for me.

jenniferhlee
on 5/19/09 1:16 pm - Denver, NC
CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I'm trailing right along behind you.....
Jennifer Lee, MSW, P-LCSW
Denver, NC

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wJ8XtQn/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wJ8XtQn/weight.png">>

msubb
on 5/19/09 1:24 pm - mesquite, TX
i am glad that you posted this. i just created a post asking what to expect because i am going from the lapband to rny in a couple of days. Its good to hear that you are doing well and that the revision has worked out well for you.  I pray for the same success.
Victoria Secret here I come, lol........

Myrna A.
on 5/20/09 4:49 am - Ferris, TX
Hi,
I'm in the insurance approval process for band to RNY revision. I was denied  because no medical necessity documentation was submitted by my Dr.'s office, so I have sent more medical records and am waiting to hear from the Dr's financial/ins. person. I sent the records last Friday and have not heard anything from them. I'm SOOOO frustrated and ready to get it done cause the band just didn't work after the first 2-3 months. I'happy for you and wish you a successful surgery and speedy recovery.  By the way, I'm in Dallas (Ferris) TX too!!! 
Blackbutterfly

1bigqt
on 6/8/09 5:27 am
Hi all-

Just found out I need to switch from a band to RNY.  I am trying to gather more info about recovery time after...  I have had 4 cases of gastritis, reflux and ulcers with the band.  I have started my process but I don't know how long for approval.  I have to have a psych eval, nutrition meeting, support groups, lab work and a repeat endoscopy before I can have the surgery.  

I would love to hear about the post op experience for those who have converted.

Thanks
Deb
Most Active