Please help how can i talk my old surgeon into repairing my pouch!!!!

mskay
on 5/18/09 2:53 pm - chicago, IL
i decided to call the doctor that did my RNY back in 2000 and he no longer perform any weight loss surgeries. but he's a general surgeon and he can remove my hernia. i'm wondering what way can i convince him to repair my pouch back to where it was when he did my surgery.  because the surgeons in that hospital that take medicare have a long waiting list  of course if i had regular insurance i wouldnt have to wait.so i need help on what i should say to him because as long as he have to go in and repair or remove my hernia he might as well fix the job he done as a bonus. if not  i guess i will get this hernia removed and when i can afford to pay for the revison to fix my pouch and my connection so i can feel the fullnest again. then i can have it done by another surgeon in the future i'm sure they will charge the same amount anyway even if the hernia is already gone.
smileyjamie72
on 5/19/09 6:14 am - Palmer, AK
Maybe, have you considered another surgeon.... to fix your pouch, and during the same time, fix the hernia?

Just a thought.  Check on different doc's?  There is a wealth of information here on this website.  Up, above, there is a "search" option, but the line below that, is browse bariactric surgeons.

Good Luck!!!!
-Jamie

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

mskay
on 5/19/09 8:44 am - chicago, IL
well i never considered my old surgeon because he doesnt do any weight loss surgeries anymore. only because i'm going to the hospital where i had my surgery back in 2000 and they asked who will i like to do my surgery for the hernia and they named him and i said ok. but since he did my RNY back in 2000 i was going to mention my stomach and pouch issues to him. and maybe he will sugest something or tell me he can put it back where it use to be. but i found out today through my pcp that no one does hernia removal or repair anymore because they have medication on the market that keep the reflux under control. but if i were to get a revision then it can be removed or repaired at that time. so i'm back at sqare one with these surgeons that dont accept medicare. they want the cash up front.
LosingSally
on 5/23/09 6:20 pm
Medication doesn't keep it under control, and many many people have surgery every year to repair a hiatial hernia.
You need to see another surgeon.
Most Active