What is the correct name of this revision if any?

carvelo
on 5/16/09 7:17 am
I  had my stoma revised surgically(laporscopically) to tighten it again as it was very open and I  had no restriction.  Nothing was done to the pouch though as it was still small.
Is there a name for this procedure or just a standard revision?

Thanks,

Carmen

minus 24 pounds-3.5 weeks after surgery!
271-247
rebeccaford
on 5/16/09 2:57 pm - Honolulu, HI
There are a few names for that...one is the Stomaphyx and another is called ROSE procedure.  I think there might be other ones out there, but I'm not an expert by any means. 

I think there are several definitions of a revision.  I consider what I had a revision...I had a VBG in 2003 and the dr. performed an RNY and then performed a gastrectomy to remove my stomach.   So all I have is a pouch.  Sounds like to me you had a revision of your original surgery, but I'm not a doctor.

Rebecca
Strawberry2
on 5/16/09 10:22 pm
Hi Carmen - I had almost the same thing done but in reverse-- my stoma was ok just my pouch had dialated - from what my dr says ( my original surgeon) my pouch had dialated to 100 cc and now I am down to 25 cc. It considered Revision RNY
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

carvelo
on 5/17/09 3:47 am
Thanks!  I was confused with all the different procedures out there.  I guess it is just a revised RNY.  I am down 26 pounds in almost 4 weeks!  Is that about average?  I hope to keep going and am worried about it not working :(

Thanks again :-)

C
rebeccaford
on 5/17/09 5:49 am - Honolulu, HI
"They" say that you lose slower after a revision.  Whatever.  Everyone is different.  I lost 25 lbs by week #4. You can't compare yourself to anyone else.  Keep going strong.  Sounds like you are on the right track and doing great!

At one of our support group meetings we went around and asked how many of us thought we were going to the one that the surgery/revision didn't work for....I think every post-op said yes.  So there you have it.  Non-scientific evidence :-) 

Rebecca
Strawberry2
on 5/18/09 2:05 am, edited 5/18/09 2:12 am
I am 5 days post op and saw my dr guess what ????

down 11 lbs lol lol

so 2nd timers dont always loose slow
ok enough excitement - i gotta lay down
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 8:24 am - San Diego, CA
YAY!!  OMG congrats!  That makes me excited now for mine next week.  Let's beat the odds together!
carvelo
on 5/18/09 8:33 am
Awww thanx!  You are soo pretty and I am sure that you are gonna do really well.  Will be thinkin of ya :-)

Carmen
Most Active