I'm home

Strawberry2
on 5/14/09 9:25 am
I had my surgery yesterday and I am home today -my pouch had dialated to 100 cc - as I didn't want anything too invasive I asked that my pouch be made as small as possible so now I have a 25 cc pouch - now before I get flamed by anyone on here this was "my desicion" I thought I had wanted more bypassed but my hemoglobin has always been low even before surgery. I am just under 40 lbs to my personal weight loss - DR G wants at least 75 lbs - again before I get flamed on here I chose to have this due to me having small children at home - thanks for listening
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

mew6495
on 5/14/09 11:22 am - MI
 Hi Strawberry2...no flaming here.    What you choose to have is your personal choice and no ones else's business or decision...  

I'm just responding to wish you the best and I hope you heal fast and well and that this revision is everything you need it to be.

Congratulations!   Keep us posted on how you are doing.

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 1:11 pm - AZ
On May 14, 2009 at 4:25 PM Pacific Time, Strawberry2 wrote:
I had my surgery yesterday and I am home today -my pouch had dialated to 100 cc - as I didn't want anything too invasive I asked that my pouch be made as small as possible so now I have a 25 cc pouch - now before I get flamed by anyone on here this was "my desicion" I thought I had wanted more bypassed but my hemoglobin has always been low even before surgery. I am just under 40 lbs to my personal weight loss - DR G wants at least 75 lbs - again before I get flamed on here I chose to have this due to me having small children at home - thanks for listening

No flaming here either!  We all do what feels right for us. Congrats on your revision!

(deactivated member)
on 5/14/09 1:56 pm - San Diego, CA
Congratulations on making the decision that is right for YOU!  Best wishes for a super speedy recovery! 
JROLFSON
on 5/15/09 12:27 am - St. George, UT
Yahoo! You're on your way.....Good to see you posting so soon...Can't wait to read your following posts on your progress....You will do so well!

Janie
Strawberry2
on 5/15/09 7:44 am
thank you all - I am trying to get in my liquids - walking a bit in a bit of pain but doing well - I needed to add the part about the no flaming because on here some people have made you feel like the DS is the only way to go- everyone had=s their own opinion and this was my desicion. I am supposed to be on full liquids till I see the dr on Monday to remove drain and I think that is when he wants me to start the protein shakes - again thank you all for your well wishes talk to you soon
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

(deactivated member)
on 5/17/09 12:52 am - AZ
On May 15, 2009 at 2:44 PM Pacific Time, Strawberry2 wrote:
thank you all - I am trying to get in my liquids - walking a bit in a bit of pain but doing well - I needed to add the part about the no flaming because on here some people have made you feel like the DS is the only way to go- everyone had=s their own opinion and this was my desicion. I am supposed to be on full liquids till I see the dr on Monday to remove drain and I think that is when he wants me to start the protein shakes - again thank you all for your well wishes talk to you soon

You are right, DS is not the only option out there.  No single surgery is right for everyone.

What procedure did you have?

Strawberry2
on 5/18/09 2:14 am
I had my pouched made smaller -75 cc - I went to see thr Dr for a follow up and I am down 11 lbs
Arnold H. Glasgow

(deactivated member)
on 5/18/09 2:17 am - AZ
On May 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM Pacific Time, Strawberry2 wrote:
I had my pouched made smaller -75 cc - I went to see thr Dr for a follow up and I am down 11 lbs

But how did they do it?  Revise?  Restore?  Surgically stapling it down a bit?  What's the name of your procedure?

Congrats on the weight loss!

Strawberry2
on 5/18/09 7:17 am
On May 18, 2009 at 9:17 AM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
On May 18, 2009 at 9:14 AM Pacific Time, Strawberry2 wrote:

But how did they do it?  Revise?  Restore?  Surgically stapling it down a bit?  What's the name of your procedure?

Congrats on the weight loss!

lol - I had a revision Rny - my stoma was the right size only my pouch had dialated - so the doc went in and made it smaller - thanks on the congrats I am happy - dr threatened to send me to the er said I looked dehydrated so I ran home and started upping my fluids - I plan on returning to work on Wednesday and he is advising me not to go back so early - but I didn't leave on medical I took vacation time - I really can't afford to be out as my husbands job is crawling to a stop and I am just worried... thanks for letting me vent
Arnold H. Glasgow

Most Active