worried about offending dr.

elsa
on 5/14/09 1:54 pm - fort worth, TX

Ive told my story before but long story short, I had rny, went from 260 down to 140, my pcp said since im only 4-9 my ideal weight is 86-110 pounds. coulnt loose the last 50lbs. got preg gained 30+ pounds, mom commited suicide shortly after giving birth continued to gain. I am now 195.

Saw my sergeon 3 months ago. he scheduled an upper gi/barium swallow. told me to attend support meetings, see a nutritionist, see him in three months.

discovered i had a fistula and slightly enlarged (stoma?) think thats right...

I had my fistula fixed, attended support groups, met with nutritionist. saw my sergeon and had somehow gained 2 pounds. guess not bad considering i had gained 20 pounds in the previouse nine months. 

he said to continue with the nutritionist and support groups, keep up with my diet and excersise log andsee him in three months.

he says his next step would be to tighten my stoma, (thats the opening to intestines right?)

I want a revision. not sure to what but i feel like hes not wanting to help.  i want to consult with another sergeon. maybe my docs just not comfortable doing revisions.

Is it rude? I feel like if i jump ship I'm going over his head. I dont want to be rude but I need to get a handle on things before I gain any more.

Elsa 

I'm really a perfect size six, I just keep it covered in fat so it doesnt get scratched.
http://www.myspace.com/elsathegreat

shele
on 5/14/09 9:10 pm

Elsa,

I went to a different surgeon for my revision.  I went to the original to see what he had to offer, and he didn't have what I wanted.  I think they got the message when I sent for my records to be sent to the new doc.  You only have to see them once in a while, you live with your surgery choice and results everyday! Do whatever you need to do and don't worry about the doctor!  Just resarch and do what you feel is best for you!

Good Luck!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

JROLFSON
on 5/15/09 12:30 am - St. George, UT
Dear Elsa:

Don't ever feel as if you're being rude for seeking out a second opinion for what is ultimately your quality of life and longevity of it...

Send for a copy of your records, start the research on the procedures best suited for RNY Revision...Times a wasting....Go For It!

You'll find the right fit...believe me....you will know.

Janie
(deactivated member)
on 5/15/09 3:09 am - AZ
On May 14, 2009 at 8:54 PM Pacific Time, elsa wrote:

Ive told my story before but long story short, I had rny, went from 260 down to 140, my pcp said since im only 4-9 my ideal weight is 86-110 pounds. coulnt loose the last 50lbs. got preg gained 30+ pounds, mom commited suicide shortly after giving birth continued to gain. I am now 195.

Saw my sergeon 3 months ago. he scheduled an upper gi/barium swallow. told me to attend support meetings, see a nutritionist, see him in three months.

discovered i had a fistula and slightly enlarged (stoma?) think thats right...

I had my fistula fixed, attended support groups, met with nutritionist. saw my sergeon and had somehow gained 2 pounds. guess not bad considering i had gained 20 pounds in the previouse nine months. 

he said to continue with the nutritionist and support groups, keep up with my diet and excersise log andsee him in three months.

he says his next step would be to tighten my stoma, (thats the opening to intestines right?)

I want a revision. not sure to what but i feel like hes not wanting to help.  i want to consult with another sergeon. maybe my docs just not comfortable doing revisions.

Is it rude? I feel like if i jump ship I'm going over his head. I dont want to be rude but I need to get a handle on things before I gain any more.

I think there comes a time when you need to really put things in perspective.

Are you more concerned with your health or your doctor's feelings?

Doctors are like everyone else, they are business people.  If one grocery store doesn't have a product you are looking for are you worried you'll insult the manager if you go to a store that does carry the product you are looking for?

See what I mean?  This is your health and the more weight you gain the more you'll have to lose.  Does worrying if you'll insult your doc trump your health?

Most Active