Revision from RNY to VSG

April J.
on 5/13/09 1:34 pm - Bowie, MD
Has anyone had a revision from RNY to VSG? If so, how was the experience and recovery time?
">src="http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvwhbuw/weight.png">>
(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 8:38 pm - AZ
On May 13, 2009 at 8:34 PM Pacific Time, April J. wrote:
Has anyone had a revision from RNY to VSG? If so, how was the experience and recovery time?

That would be quite a process to take down the pouch and revise to a sleeve.  You would have to go to someone like Dr. Husted or a true revision surgeon.  That is only going to give you restriction and at a very high price "risk" wise.  If you were going to do that you would probably want to go the rest of the way and take down your entire RNY and revise to DS for maximum weight loss.

A band over your bypass pouch would be the best option if all you want is increased restriction but weight loss will be quite slow.

JROLFSON
on 5/14/09 8:08 am - St. George, UT

April:

I can understand you asking this question, but it doesn't really make since to revise a pouch to a sleeve...when your pouch probably has more restriction the the transected pouch you would get with a sleeve...that new stomach is usally larger than the pouch with RNY...but, you would lose weight for a while as there would be a lot of trauma with taking down the pouch and revising you...but I believe, this is just my beliefs that you would only lose weight for a few months and would be able to eat larger amounts.

Janie

April J.
on 5/14/09 12:40 pm - Bowie, MD
Thanks for the information. I am just trying to weight all of my options not really knowing which ones are even doable. Until recently, I didn't know that any type of revision was possible.
JROLFSON
on 5/14/09 11:55 pm - St. George, UT
Oh how I can relate to what your saying...Isn't it amazing how much is going on in the WLS field?

You probably have many options, if you have good insurance...Keep up the research there is so much to learn. I signed up with OH in 2007 and have been researching revision the entire time and finally my turn is about to get here...

Janie
Most Active