Easy approval

toninj
on 5/12/09 2:02 pm - piscataway, NJ
I received a call from my surgeon today.  He said I was approved and scheduled for 05/27/09.  I am in shock.  I haven't even gone to my primary doctor yet.  No upper GI, nothing.  All I did was go for a consultation and I am approved?  I called my insurance (UHC) and they said the approval is on my account.

I have 100 questions to ask my surgeon but I don't see him until Friday.  Is this normal?  I remember all I had to go through the first time around.  I did absolutely nothing and am approved?  I am thankful but still in shock.  If anyone could shed any light on this for me.  I would appreciate it.

Revision on 05/27/09

reenieb
on 5/12/09 10:24 pm
RNY on 03/08/04 with
Hi there, and congrats on this! What procedure are you having done? Perhaps that is the deciding factor with your insurance company? Best of luck and keep us posted! Maureen
JROLFSON
on 5/13/09 1:40 am - St. George, UT
Hi Toni:

Do you know what type of Revision he will be doing? Please keep us informed...

Janie
toninj
on 5/13/09 2:37 am - piscataway, NJ
Thanks ladies!

He said I was approved to revise my bypass.  I will ask him more questions on Friday.

I just thought everything moved really quick. 

Revision on 05/27/09

Michele T.
on 5/13/09 1:02 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Toni,

Please do let us know what he says Friday.  I also have UHC.  I'm consulting with Dr. Schlesinger now, I have a follow up appointment with him next week.  He didn't think getting UHC approval would be an issue, but I have to get an EGD, Upper GI, labs, NUT, Psych  & Cardiac consults.  As I had to do these the first time, I didn't question it.  So I'm not sure how much is UHC or Doc's requirements.

Keep us posted!

Michele
toninj
on 5/13/09 1:11 pm - piscataway, NJ
I will Michele.  I hope the ball rolls as smoothly for you. 

I wonder if it depends on the employer?   I have a co-worker who was approved for the lap band in a months time. 

Other people that I know have UHC had to do the whole 6 month waiting period.  I know this goes on a case by case basis.  However, you would think some things would be standard across the board.

Do you think I will need to do the upper GI or do you think he can just go in and check it out?  I would think he needs some sort of plan prior to surgery.

I am so anxious to talk with him! 

Revision on 05/27/09

Strawberry2
on 5/14/09 9:24 am
Hi Toni - I am a pt of DR G as well - I had my surgery yesterday and I am home today - I was shocked to when he called me - he was at another dr office and all of the paperwork for his patients "disappeared" so when went to see him at his new office I was starting my 3 months diet again and low and behold on my second month he called me- my pouch had dialated to 100 cc - as I didn't want anything too invasive I asked that my pouch be made as small as possible so now I have a 25 cc pouch - now before I get flamed by anyone on here this was "my desicion" I thought I had wanted more bypassed but my hemoglobin has always been low even before surgery. I am just under 40 lbs to my personal weight loss - DR G wants at least 75 lbs - again before I get flamed on here I chose to have this due to me having small children at home - thanks for listening
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

toninj
on 5/14/09 9:44 am - piscataway, NJ
I am glad to hear you are doing well.

Did you have it done at Saint Claires?  Did you do the upper GI?  Only one day is needed in the hospital?  How do you feel?

We have to talk!

Revision on 05/27/09

Strawberry2
on 5/14/09 10:25 pm
my actual surgery was 5 days after you - yes I had an upper GI done last year before i decided to do a revision - wanted to make sure what was going on- my insurance only approved for 1 day in the hospital yes St Clares- sucks I know but yesterday when I left I was feeling good- I was o****il 2 am when all of the pain meds had wore off but I took some tylenol pm ( dr gave me a rx for perc but since I am on liquid I knew I would throw up- sorry tmi) to I am feeling better
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

smileyjamie72
on 5/15/09 7:24 am - Palmer, AK

Toni, you had the RNY, what are you planning to be revised to?

A HUGE CONGRATS ON THE FAST APPROVAL!!!!!

RNY 2/26/2002                           DS 12/29/2011
HW 317                                     SW 263 BMI 45.1
SW 298                                     CW 192 BMI 32.9~60% EWL
LW 151 in 2003  
TT 4/9/2003

Normal BMI 24.8 is my GOAL!!!

GBP (RNY) 2/26/02 298 lbs, TT 4/9/03 151 lbs, DS 12/29/11
HW 317 SW 263 BMI 45.1/CW 192 BMI 32.9/GW 145 ~ Normal BMI 24.8
**Revision Journey started 3/2009 Approved 12/12/11**

Most Active