Healing Process post Revision from RNY to DS

Katrina B.
on 5/11/09 11:05 am, edited 5/11/09 11:28 am - Prestonsburg, KY
How long were you out of work, school, etc? I know a second surgery, especially a revision is riskier.
Anyone have any stories or advice?

Thanks!
JROLFSON
on 5/12/09 2:10 am - St. George, UT

While researching Rny Revision to DS....I spoke with Dr. Husted and he told me that I should plan to be in the hospital 3-5 Days and in town at least 7-10 after.

Of course this all depends upon how your surgery goes but time off work usually 4-6 weeks.

But that can be different depending how active you are.

Janie

PekinSal
on 5/12/09 3:57 am - UK
I had to stay in hospital for 5 nights, even though I begged to be let out after three - the surgeon is two hours away from me and he wanted to be sure I was ok before I travelled.

I was off work for 8 weeks but could have gone back after 6 really. Although I was band to DS I did have scar tissue and the op itself took 11 hours. I was diabetic though and I think that takes it out of you as well.

Sal

DS revision from failed lapband

randy S.
on 5/12/09 5:06 am - brooklyn, NY
Hi,
I am new to this particular forum.  Has anyone had an old ru-n-y from 98' revised to a ds in new york???  I d not want to wait for Doctor Gagner to come back to Manhattan and I am having a phone consult with Dr. Greenbaum in NJ in 2 weeks. What do you al think of him? He sounds fantastic from his e-mails.
Please send me any experiences, good or bad that anyone has had with this revision surgery.  I like to be well prepared.  I am gaining weight for the last 7 years and basically have to live on a 700 cal diet if I want the pounds to come off my 240 pound body.
Oh by the way I am 5'10" and 240lbs.  I was 326 and went down to 198.  That only lasted 4 years.  Even though I elliptical every other day and do not eat sugar I still can not get this weight off without starving.
I hope the DS will help and I will not have malabsorption problems.  I am extremely vitamin compliant and take them every day 3x a day.  I am slightly anemic and low vitamin d.  I will have to speak to Dr. G about that.
Anyway, thank you all for responding I would really apprecaite as much info as i can get. 
Good Luck to you all,
Randy
Most Active