Revision with Dr. Liza Gonzalez

funnursechick
on 5/11/09 12:26 pm - MS
I am looking to have revision surgery from the Lapband to Duodenal Switch. Has anyone used Dr. Gonzalez with LIMARP? I see a lot of revisions of hers but have not seen much about Duodenal Switch with her. Any help would be appreciated.

Elisa H.

(deactivated member)
on 5/13/09 4:43 am - AZ
On May 11, 2009 at 7:26 PM Pacific Time, funnursechick wrote:
I am looking to have revision surgery from the Lapband to Duodenal Switch. Has anyone used Dr. Gonzalez with LIMARP? I see a lot of revisions of hers but have not seen much about Duodenal Switch with her. Any help would be appreciated.

Do you mean Liza Pompa?  I would not go to her.

1)  They used to advertise her as the youngest bariatric surgeon in Mexico.  Who the heck wants to go to the most inexperienced surgeon in Mexico?  When they were laughed at they changed their sales techniques.

2)  She works out of a clinic and not a hospital.  A man just died in a TJ clinic 2 months ago and he was only getting a sleeve.  You are getting the grand-daddy of them all.

3)  I'll bet you a dollar if you post this on the DS board you are going to get nothing but one warning after another.  Not only are you getting DS, it's a revision.  You need a true revision surgeon and not the youngest bariatric doctor in Mexico.

4)  Her coordinator will tell you ANYTHING you want to hear to sell you the surgery.  She will cut prices, promise you the moon, and lie through her teeth.  She's one hell of a sales person, I give her credit for that but she also only works with the worst in Mexico.  Do a little research on Betancourt.  That is who she used to promote until they had some sort of a falling out.  She wouldn't go to her own surgeons for her own multiple weight loss surgeries, why would you go to the one their own coordinator will not go to?  She can honestly sell you a dead fish and by the time she is done with her sales pitch you'll want that dead fish so bad you can taste it.

5)  There are simply better surgeons with a great deal of experience.  Dr. Pompa makes mega sleeves.  She has patients that can eat an entire chicken breast 3 weeks post op.  I am almost a year post op, my stomach is about as big as it's going to get and I can't eat HALF that.  Isn't a sleeve the first half of your procedure?  When I say better I don't necessarily mean safer.  I have not seen anyone posting that people die there or come home with infections but you need a true revision surgeon and not the most inexperienced doctor in MX.  Ungson (I think that is the spelling, I could be wrong) is the best of the best for DS in Mexico.  I adore my doc, I think he's great but I wouldn't go to him just yet for a DS and especially a revision to DS.  I think he's one of the two best for bands, sleeves, bypass, and revision but not revision to DS.  He's still training under Ungson (again, whatever the correct spelling is).

Think through this carefully.

lauralisi
on 5/16/09 2:44 am - Dona Ana, NM
Please listen to MWG!
Most Active