Home from the hospital- Band over RNY

JeannieBVA1
on 5/23/09 2:20 pm
Thanks Kalyn.. (pretty name)

I did have a sleep test done.. it was like staying in a hotel overnight w/ wires attached to you... Nothing to it really but sleep apnea is no joke.... I really feel bad for the ones that had it done.. (what insurance do you have?)

I will be very curious about my first fill.... I've only lost a total of 12 lbs...  Its hard because I'm having to diet w/ out the assistance of the restriction... 

Anyway... I'm sure it's all going to work out for you... You just have to go through the steps to get where your going.... 

Thanks,

Jeannie
katydid
on 5/24/09 7:04 am - Mishawaka, In
Hi Jeannie,
 I have BC/BS through my husband.  It is pretty good but they consider the sleeve as experimental so I had to go this other way.  From what I read,the weight loss may be slow but it is a tool and I can use all the help I can get!      I know what you are saying about dieting(hate that word) without help.  I feel the same way right now but I am hoping that just undergoing the revision will give me a mental boost.  I cannot believe I let myself gain again and just when did this happen!  It was one day I was an 18 and POOF, now I am a 24! I feel so mad at myself.  Please keep us informed, I know you can do this and will do it ! Best,Kalyn
(deactivated member)
on 5/24/09 4:13 am - San Diego, CA
Hi all,

I hope everyone is doing well!  I am following this thread as I am scheduled for my band-over-RNY in 4 days.  Your posts are right up my alley and I have been trying to locate band-over-RNY'ers on this forum. :)

Let's be sure to keep each other posted on different stages of our progress.

Lisa
katydid
on 5/24/09 7:05 am - Mishawaka, In
Hi Lisa , We will be following your news too! Good luck , Please let us know how it goes. You will do well! You are in my prayers.  Best, Kalyn
JeannieBVA1
on 5/26/09 1:39 pm
Hello Everyone..

Lisa... Good luck.... Trust me... it's a breeze compared to what we've been thru in the past!

Well (sigh)  I had lost 11lbs but..... I've gained 4 lbs back.... I had 3 days in a roll where I ate a lot of carbs!  But I'm back on track and just waiting to get my first fill in 2 more days! 

PLEASE PRAY for me that this works... that I get the restriction and lose the weight! 

Many times I put my hands on my computer when I'm on this site and pray for everyone.  Not only for the struggles of weight loss but all the other crap that life throws your way.  I just pray that what ever decisions people make on here (Regardless of the results) that we can all just find a little peace in us to like/love ourselves!!   

I will keep everyone updated ...

Take care,

Jeannie
Most Active