For those of you who had a revision from LapBand to RNY

Zee Starrlite
on 5/1/09 3:08 am, edited 5/1/09 3:09 am
Very important to get an "experienced revision surgeon".  Lap Bands are not simple to remove ADD to that another surgery on "unfresh tissue".  It is just a much more higher risk surgery.  Besides that, are you sure that you need to have your band removed?  Maybe you should go with a more experienced and patient band surgeon.  Usually we don't get to revise just because we are tired of the fluctuations.  Fluctuations are the way of the band.  You are going to have to get used to many other things (inconveniences)  with the RNY - and then you won't be able to change that very easily.  Yeah, they can do a "take- down" BUT  lets be straight.  The condition of your insides doesn't get better with each surgery  ( a fresh "untouched" body is the best).  This is SERIOUS BUSINESS.  THIS IS YOUR LIFE.   WLS is not like switching shoes.  We gotta be sure.  I would NOT be any surgeons first.  I love myself too much!!!

Good Luck to you,
L

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

MyOMy
on 5/3/09 1:43 pm - Youngsville, NC
Thank you ladies for your replies. I appreciate you taking the time to respond to me.
Best Wishes to you!
jewels_is_melting
on 5/4/09 3:19 am - Littleton, CO
I was at a class yesterday. The first 70 surgeries a doctor does are his "training" - after that he is considered trained.  Even if it is "straight forward" I wouldn't want to be anyones training project!!!\

My surgeon is one of the few in the state that does revisions and I have all the faith in the world with him!!

Diet = Did I Eat Thoughfully?

Most Active