Revision options after scope

Regina Ping
on 4/30/09 8:21 am - Vero Beach, FL
I had my scope done today and the doctor told me that my pouch looked good and was only about 2cm.  He did tell me that everything looked good since having my RNY in November 2006 and didn't see any stretching.  I was quite surprised.  However, he told me the reason I could be hungry all the time and not feeling full is that the opening to the jejunum is somewhat larger than he has seen on most bypass patients.  I was looking into having the band placed over the RNY but maybe that isn't such a good idea after all.  I thought I would ask here for what my options are now or if there even is a procedure to making the opening smaller.  He said when I eat food it is not staying in there long enough and passing on through thus making me hungry more often.  I am welcome to any thoughts on this and what my options are besides having a DS.

Regina
StacysMom
on 4/30/09 4:47 pm
 Check out these two articles/studies from a bariatric journal which go into the options for revision to RNY and the pros and cons of each type.

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3886215/Everyone-should- read-this-Revision-Procedures-for-Failed/

and

www.obesityhelp.com/forums/revision/3886208/Great-article-on-RNY-revisions-from-Bariatric-Journal/

This question has been asked MANY times on this forum.   All surgical options are NOT available in all areas.   Sometimes you are limited to what you can get and what your insurance will pay for.  
For these reasons, you may not be able to obtain your first choice of surgical types, but please research and learn about all of them so that you cannot be manipulated by some doctor into getting the surgery that he or she offers, to the exclusion of the other options.   This is the only way to insure that YOUR outcome meets YOUR expectations for YOUR revision.   Only YOU know which option will work best for YOUR lifestyle and YOUR eating issues.  

Most Active