Good Day Yesterday!

shele
on 4/30/09 8:37 pm

I had such a good day yesterday! I felt great, went out and got a few new clothing items, and had energy all day!  I got in all my STUFF! , that alone was good!

I am still dealing with a one inch opening in my incision, packing it everyday, but I have finally gotten used to doing it. 

I am eating lots of chicken(fried) and cheese and eggs and nuts.   I have to say I don't have an appetite at all, which seems good, but it makes it hard to get in enough protein.  I started back on shakes yesterday so I could get in enough.  I just forget to eat, and I can't even believe I just typed that!

Weight loss is still around 17 lost, seems slow, but its exactly what the Dr. said would happen.

Have a good day all! ( Taking my oldest to get a driving permit this morning)~YIKES!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Monique H.
on 5/1/09 1:35 am, edited 5/1/09 1:35 am
Hey Shele,

Glad to hear you are feeling better. My loss is going slow as well, but it is still going. It's kind of weird. I went out of town for work pigged out all week and the scale decides to drop two pounds. I thought for sure I would have gained. Then a couple of days later it dropped another one. I've never lost three pounds in one week's time since I dropped the initial 22 pounds when I wasn't eating. It does make me wonder if maybe I was starving myself. I can tell this is going to be one wild and crazy ride with lots of ups and downs, but we can do it.

Tell your child I said good luck on that test.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
shele
on 5/1/09 4:44 am

Hi Monique,

Yep I believe you are right, they told me it would be exactly the way you said, and my doctor swears we have to eat to loose.  I am afraid to though, as I have always had to starve myself to lose weight.  I did eat a lot yesterday and so far today as well. We shall see!

I can't wait till I can be a little  more active and exercise, hopefully that  will help the loss.

She passed her test, now the driving UGHH! I started to let her drive up our little road, and she asked which was the break! I was like well,, we better start in the garage practicing pedals, and then the driveway!LOL

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Monique H.
on 5/1/09 5:19 am
and my doctor swears we have to eat to loose

Well I'm going to give it a try for a couple of weeks and see what happens. I've been so afraid to do it too. I mean trust me I could eat a lot more then what I've been doing. I'm just soooo afraid. Well make sure you keep me posted on how it is working for you.

and she asked which was the break!

I love it. I let my niece drive my car which was a stick yesterday and I was praying the whole time. Good luck with that.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
rebeccaford
on 5/1/09 8:41 am - Honolulu, HI
Hi Shele!  I had my revision from VBG to RNY (both open) on 4/6/09.  I don't have an appetite either...I'm a little naseous whenever I put something into my mouth.  I haven't been hungry at all, but I force myself to eat.  Trying to do protein shakes, but man some are just terrible. I'm doing all my vitamins so at least I have something going for me :-) 

I'm going to be a slow loser per my surgeon but I don't mind.  I loved your tag line about this being about health.

For the last 3 years I have thrown up daily (some days twice or 3 times) had debilitating acid reflux and gained all my weight back plus 10.  So it didn't really occur to me to even get on the scale...post op, I was able to swallow a pill, sleep laying down instead of sitting up...those were my milestones and not the weight. 

My energy level is pretty low.  I'm back at work 1/2 days so that is keeping me busy and keeping my head-hunger at bay. 

You sound right on track.  :-)  I'm so glad for you!!

Rebecca
shele
on 5/1/09 10:16 am

Well I wish you the best ! 

I really like the chocolate unjury protein shakes,  I have tried several.  Just keep trying for the protein, I definately helps with healing and energy.

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

mew6495
on 5/1/09 11:46 am - MI
On May 1, 2009 at 3:37 AM Pacific Time, shele wrote:

I had such a good day yesterday! I felt great, went out and got a few new clothing items, and had energy all day!  I got in all my STUFF! , that alone was good!

I am still dealing with a one inch opening in my incision, packing it everyday, but I have finally gotten used to doing it. 

I am eating lots of chicken(fried) and cheese and eggs and nuts.   I have to say I don't have an appetite at all, which seems good, but it makes it hard to get in enough protein.  I started back on shakes yesterday so I could get in enough.  I just forget to eat, and I can't even believe I just typed that!

Weight loss is still around 17 lost, seems slow, but its exactly what the Dr. said would happen.

Have a good day all! ( Taking my oldest to get a driving permit this morning)~YIKES!

Congratulations Shele!  I am glad to hear you are feeling better!  GREAT JOB on the 17 lbs lost!  That is awesome.  17 lbs in about a month...that's great.  Just think how long it took to lose even half that before wls.  Funny how our perception changes after wls.  

I am glad to see I am not alone when it comes to eating more and loosing weight!  Use to think it was just me.  Seems when I consciously try to watch what I eat and keep my calories low I hit a stall.  But when I eat more or splurge  I will drop 3 to 4 lbs.  It's weird for sure.  Don't know if I will ever understand it or at this point if I want to.  Go figure...who would have ever thought this would be a concern.  

Well I hope each and every day gets better for you!  Keep us posted on your progress.

shele
on 5/2/09 9:16 am

Thanks so much, I will keep eating more and see what happens, Breaks my heart.....NOT!!! lol

Have a good weekend!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

SheriAZ
on 5/2/09 4:03 am
It sounds like you are doing well I can relate to the incision problem and I give you credit for being able to pack it yourself because I couldn't although mine was 7 inches long and almost 4 inches deep and I had a wound vac but it is now up to the surface and almost healed and I am soooooo happy. I certainly understand how you feel. What helped me heal was overloading on protein and albumuine (jello) seriously. I bought this horrible stuff on Amazon.com called Proteinex it is predigested protein which means we use all of and lose none. 2 ounce shot has 36 grams of protein so if you take it twice a day that's 72 grams. It will boost your weight lose and help your wound to heal. They told me that even with the wound vac it would take me until June for the wound to close and it is just May and it is closed. They also said that I would have the va****il Mothers Day and I got rid of it on March 9th. My first set of labs my protein was better then normal so I do think that nasty tasting stuff is the key to so much. As far as weight lose I have hit a plateau and have not lost in 6 weeks. Total since surgery in Dec is 50 lbs. I got lazy and when I got rid of the wound vac I stopped taking the liquid protein and I stopped losing weight. I don't know if that's why but I have some on order so I will find out. I am glad you are doing well. Keep up the good work.
shele
on 5/2/09 9:19 am

Wow! I don't think I could have handled that big of an open wound!  I glad its better!  Keep me posted on that Proteinex, very interested in those results!

Thanks!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

Most Active