GREAT NEWS - WEIGHT LOSS POST RNY Revision Surgery

StacysMom
on 5/4/09 6:13 pm, edited 5/4/09 6:16 pm
 You are a "day late and a dollar short" in your promotion for the ROSE procedure.   It was "all the rage" LAST SUMMER, when ACTUAL PATIENTS came onto these boards and spoke about their experiences with it.   It has yet to work for ANYONE who came on here to talk about it.  

Surely, if it were the panacea you claim, SOMEONE, out there in "WLS land" would have excitedly posted about their success with it.   You may want to check back on last summer's OH  forums and read all of the posts and you will see.  

BTW, ALL of the patients who came on this forum to post about their experiences with STOMAPHYX (which is similar to ROSE - only the fasteners & placement instruments are made by a different company), had the surgery fail them and most have gone on to actual, surgical revisions (ERNY, DS or lapband over RNY).   

Everyone should do their research before choosing ANY procedure and decide which is the best for them.  

The ROSE procedure/Stomaphyx  procedures are OLD NEWS.     They were touted as  non-surgical ways to lose 50 lbs or less.   No one kept off even 20 lbs with these procedures.   I would think, that as a WLS coach, you would know that.

Just how much are the "ROSE" people paying you, anyway?  Or is it just that one doctor?
(deactivated member)
on 5/4/09 11:41 pm - AZ
On May 5, 2009 at 1:13 AM Pacific Time, StacysMom wrote:
 You are a "day late and a dollar short" in your promotion for the ROSE procedure.   It was "all the rage" LAST SUMMER, when ACTUAL PATIENTS came onto these boards and spoke about their experiences with it.   It has yet to work for ANYONE who came on here to talk about it.  

Surely, if it were the panacea you claim, SOMEONE, out there in "WLS land" would have excitedly posted about their success with it.   You may want to check back on last summer's OH  forums and read all of the posts and you will see.  

BTW, ALL of the patients who came on this forum to post about their experiences with STOMAPHYX (which is similar to ROSE - only the fasteners & placement instruments are made by a different company), had the surgery fail them and most have gone on to actual, surgical revisions (ERNY, DS or lapband over RNY).   

Everyone should do their research before choosing ANY procedure and decide which is the best for them.  

The ROSE procedure/Stomaphyx  procedures are OLD NEWS.     They were touted as  non-surgical ways to lose 50 lbs or less.   No one kept off even 20 lbs with these procedures.   I would think, that as a WLS coach, you would know that.

Just how much are the "ROSE" people paying you, anyway?  Or is it just that one doctor?

Looks like CoachRoz deleted her post.

StacysMom
on 5/4/09 11:52 pm, edited 5/4/09 11:53 pm
 You cannot delete your own post without leaving a blank post.    Only OH can delete a post completely, with absolutely no record that there was a post at all.   Now that her three posts have been taken down by OH, the post  I wrote in response to all of  hers makes no sense.   Those reading it should be aware that Coach Roz posted no less than 3 times about the Rose procedure (in addition to her one line post, above), publicizing and promoting a certain doctor who was going to be speaking about it.

I'm glad to see that OH is now policing these boards and removing posts for self-promotion of businesses. 
JROLFSON
on 5/5/09 6:55 am - St. George, UT
Hmmm! That's interesting....

Did OH take her posts down then?

Funny....:) :) :) 

StacysMom
on 5/6/09 12:36 pm
On May 5, 2009 at 1:55 PM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:
Hmmm! That's interesting....

Did OH take her posts down then?

Funny....:) :) :) 

Looks like it!
reenieb
on 5/5/09 6:29 am
RNY on 03/08/04 with
BRAVO!!! Good for you, StacysMom!  I led the charge against these endoscopic procedures last year and I actually received HATE MAIL - from desperate people looking for the miracle answer to weight regain... I was one of them then, and still am today - but I will not give up my fight to hold onto my new life... thank you for stepping up here. Maureen
StacysMom
on 5/6/09 12:35 pm
 I know what you mean, Maureen.   They like to "shoot the messenger"!  LOL  I've attracted a lot of "hate" responses also, just by reporting what I've read (even IF i post links to it)!  Sometimes people just want to bury their heads in the sand and "pretend" that if they hope and pray enough, that the "powers that be" will "make" whatever procedure they are getting, work for them.    This is in spite of overwhelming evidence to the contrary!   If more people did their research in advance they wouldn't be so disappointed because their outcomes would match their expectations.  

I've read your posts in the past and BRAVO to you too!!   
CoachRoz
on 5/11/09 8:57 am
Hi reenieb!

It looks like I unintentionally offended the OH community that I recently joined.  Boy!  That was not my heart.   I battled weight regain and worked my way through it for a year.  At the time I was starting a new life direction - becoming a certified, professional coach.   So, I used some coaching strategies and stopped regaining weight for 5 months.  Then I started losing weight again.

ROSE and Stomaphx are very different procedures (effectiveness), and they are less invasive than other operations.  That's a message the community can file away as they make decisions along with their doctor to beat weight regain.

Please accept my apology if I upset or offended you.  I hope we connect as oh.com friends or through my member group:-)

Much love,
Coach Roz
Member Group Leaders
[email protected]
lalala2
on 5/5/09 2:23 am - Winnetka, CA
I originally had RNY and was revised to RNY.  Basically it was a do over. 

Lalala2
Katrina B.
on 5/11/09 11:12 am - Prestonsburg, KY
What made you do-over your RNY? I've read studies that show it ineffective to do this. No disrespect intended. What exactly did they do, make your pouch/stoma smaller, and your bypass longer?

Katrina
Most Active