GREAT NEWS - WEIGHT LOSS POST RNY Revision Surgery

lalala2
on 4/27/09 11:23 am - Winnetka, CA

Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to give everyone some positive revision news.  I had RNY (open) Revision Surgery on 4/8/09 and as of this morning have lost 23 lbs.  This was especially great because a week after my discharge from the hospital I had only lost 2 lbs.  My surgeon warned me that revision patients do not lose weight as dramatically as first time RNYers, so I was prepared to lose more slowly.  According to my surgeon I am a very unusual gastric bypass revision patient.  I am also up to walking about 45 minutes a day.  I get tired easily but I rest and then I'm good to go again. 

I hope this news brings encouragement to those seeking a revision. 

All my best,

Lalala2

BarbareNYC
on 4/27/09 11:48 am - Middle Village, NY
Lap Band on 03/24/04 with
LALA, that is great news, your doing awesome.. I do have a question for you, what surgery did u revise from? ... My story is long and complicated  but  I'm looking into a revision, I have the lap band and need to do something else.. Thanks

Barbara
lalala2
on 4/27/09 11:52 am - Winnetka, CA
I originally had laproscopic RNY performed in 2001.  I was revised via open RNY.  Hope this helps.
(deactivated member)
on 4/28/09 4:02 am - AZ
On April 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM Pacific Time, CoachRoz wrote:
Have you considered the ROSE procedure to improve restriction?

Coach Roz
OH Support Group Leader
Beat Weight Regain w. ROSE (search "ROSE")

We would love to have you join our group, because have live chats, monthly telephone sessions, and other resources to support you

Sadly the ROSE, Revise, and Stomaphyx don't have great results.  Takes a chunk out of your bank account but don't really seem to be very effective.  People usually lose about 20# on the post op diet and then quickly regain. :o(

pepsi98
on 5/5/09 7:04 am - Norwich, CT
On April 27, 2009 at 10:49 PM Pacific Time, CoachRoz wrote:
Have you considered the ROSE procedure to improve restriction?

Coach Roz
OH Support Group Leader
Beat Weight Regain w. ROSE (search "ROSE")

We would love to have you join our group, because have live chats, monthly telephone sessions, and other resources to support you
Coach Roz,
You may be an OH Support Leader, but if it's ROSE, Restore, or Stomaphyx you're pushing, you should do it somehere else or maybe not at all.  None of these procedures work!!!  Who do you work for???

I am still paying for my Stomaphyx to the tune of $10,500.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Rose A.
on 4/28/09 3:47 am - Methuen, MA
Thanks so much for sharing! I am scheduled for revision to RNY from Band on June 16th. I will also be having it "open"...can you tell me how long your hospital stay was and how was your recovery?

306/261.5/233.5/180

Highest/Day of surgery/CURRENT/Goal
Revision from Lap Band to RNY on June 16, 2009!!
Rose
        Success is a journey....not a  destination.
Dream as if you will live forever......Live as if you will die today.....

(deactivated member)
on 4/28/09 4:03 am - AZ
On April 28, 2009 at 10:47 AM Pacific Time, Rose A. wrote:
Thanks so much for sharing! I am scheduled for revision to RNY from Band on June 16th. I will also be having it "open"...can you tell me how long your hospital stay was and how was your recovery?

Why are you having it done via open?  Have you had a great number of other abdominal procedures before banding?

Cynthia Johnson
on 4/28/09 3:42 pm
Make sure and find out if intestine will be proximal, distal or extended.  It will make a big difference in weight lose.

lalala2
on 4/28/09 4:27 am - Winnetka, CA
I was admitted to the hospital on Wed., 4/8/09 and was discharged on Mon., 4/13/09 (5 days).  The first night home was the most difficult as I could not sleep in bed as I had too much pain lying down in bed.  We don't own a recliner chair so the next day we ordered an electrical medical recliner that catapults you in an almost standing position.  I slept in this chair for a week, before I could finally sleep in bed.  So basically if you do not own a recliner then I would definitely highly recommend you rent one.  I know that I would not be recovering as quickly as I have without it.  Overall I feel pretty good, just get tired pretty easily.  If I can answer any more questions, feel free to PM me.

Lalala2
Sue O.
on 5/4/09 2:36 pm - Brookfield, WI
OK, it is getting late and my brain is fried and I should go to bed.

You had RNY originally, then had revision last month to WHAT?  ERNY?  Something else?

Sue .
Lap RNY 12/7/04  310 lbs; Lap ERNY 12/14/09   238 lbs
RNY:  310/268.5/202/170 (never got there!)
ERNY:  240/228/215/170

Most Active