Recomendations for Sleeve Surgery - Wyomng/Utah Area

Sherry Taylor
on 4/29/09 5:50 am - Pinedale, WY

Lost my band in December in which I had it for almost 3 years.  Dr that removed it didn't really give me another option.  My BMI is about 35.  Have pretty well decided that I would like info about the Sleeve and Doctors that are good in my area.  I would consider Idaho Falls Area or Salt Lake City even though I live in central Wyoming.  I do not want Dr. Balliro. Does anyone have suggestions on as to who I should consult with?  I would have to do self pay; I just lost my insurance until July and I doubt any insurance company would want to do a third bariatric type surgery on my behalf.  Any ideas?

Sherry

JROLFSON
on 4/29/09 8:04 am - St. George, UT
Hi Sherry:

I'm not well versed in the Sleeve Revision and actually you would be considered I believe, a Virgin Procedure as I am assuming you've had no work done to your pouch up to this point...But if your willing to travel, I bet Midwestern Girl could give you a few ideas. I believe she went from a band to a sleeve...

Good Luck to you!

JRolfson
susang
on 4/29/09 10:29 am - CA
Sherry, maybe go on the VSG forum and check there.
(deactivated member)
on 4/29/09 10:57 am - AZ
On April 29, 2009 at 12:50 PM Pacific Time, sherrytaylor69 wrote:

Lost my band in December in which I had it for almost 3 years.  Dr that removed it didn't really give me another option.  My BMI is about 35.  Have pretty well decided that I would like info about the Sleeve and Doctors that are good in my area.  I would consider Idaho Falls Area or Salt Lake City even though I live in central Wyoming.  I do not want Dr. Balliro. Does anyone have suggestions on as to who I should consult with?  I would have to do self pay; I just lost my insurance until July and I doubt any insurance company would want to do a third bariatric type surgery on my behalf.  Any ideas?

Sherry

I revised from a band to sleeve and went to Aceves in Mexicali.  It's cheaper than in the US, more experience and better stats than anyone I can find in the US or MX and he keeps you in the hospital for 3 nights.

He's done over 500 sleeves and never had a leak.

[email protected]

The above is one of his nurses.

~~Sami~~ *.
on 4/29/09 12:11 pm - Jacksonville, FL
Dr. Alvarez is quite experienced as well.  Mexican surgeon with a great reputation... and many Band to Sleeves.

in California, many go to the LapSF guys... but they're more expensive for self-pays... around $17k vs. $10-12k in Mexico.

Whatever you do, insist on a tight sleeve.  Also, please go to an experienced VSG surgeon.  More and more bariatric surgeons are adding the Sleeve, but they are still inexperienced.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active