MidwesternGirl

USAF Wife
on 4/27/09 1:48 pm
Because of all of your informative posts, and encouraging posts to people looking into revision from Band to VSG, I got up the courage to stand up for myself, get the hell away from the wackadoo surgeon who did my band, and have been approved to have a revision to the sleeve, and while I didn't have to self-pay, my insurance (Tricare Prime, my husband is Active Duty Military) is authorizing it. I'm actually having the revision done at a military installation hospital with the option to have a 2nd opinion completed by a civilian surgeon. I'm confident with the surgeon that I met with today, I know a couple of girls down here that have had sleeves done by him, and they think the world of him and his after care.

I really appreciate your insight, and your posts helped me decide that I needed to get this hellacious thing out of my abdomen. I will have the revision surgery in June, but I have to have some pre-surgery appointments before due to the complications I have had and continue to have 6.5 months post-op with the band.

Thanks for getting information out there to those of us willing to listen! ! !

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

pepsi98
on 4/27/09 7:25 pm - Norwich, CT

"The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 11:56 pm - AZ
On April 27, 2009 at 8:48 PM Pacific Time, Tiffany K. wrote:
Because of all of your informative posts, and encouraging posts to people looking into revision from Band to VSG, I got up the courage to stand up for myself, get the hell away from the wackadoo surgeon who did my band, and have been approved to have a revision to the sleeve, and while I didn't have to self-pay, my insurance (Tricare Prime, my husband is Active Duty Military) is authorizing it. I'm actually having the revision done at a military installation hospital with the option to have a 2nd opinion completed by a civilian surgeon. I'm confident with the surgeon that I met with today, I know a couple of girls down here that have had sleeves done by him, and they think the world of him and his after care.

I really appreciate your insight, and your posts helped me decide that I needed to get this hellacious thing out of my abdomen. I will have the revision surgery in June, but I have to have some pre-surgery appointments before due to the complications I have had and continue to have 6.5 months post-op with the band.

Thanks for getting information out there to those of us willing to listen! ! !

That's fantastic, I am happy for you!  When you get that horrible band out you get your life back.

Congrats to you and thank you for the nice words!  You'll love your sleeve, you'll see!  Weight loss is easier, faster, side effects and complications are fewer in number, the quality of your life will improve, no more stoma spewing, sliming, and foaming like a rabid dog.  No more wondering if you can eat or drink that day... life will be good!

Good for you!

MARCIAM
on 4/28/09 12:36 pm - Sayville, NY
Congratulations Tiffany! I wish you the very best!
Marcia 297/169 so far/140
RNY on 9/22/08
My life is starting over & yours can too!

Virgie Tschirhart
on 5/1/09 5:16 am - Midwest City, OK
RNY on 12/27/17
I agree with Tiffany K., Midwestgirl you ROCK!!! You have inspired me and given me encouragement and excellent advice.  I too am going to get the band out and get a sleeve.  I have to lose 1 more pound before I can get the surgery.  On May 5, I go for my pre op appointment.  I really hope I will have this pound gone and then some would be nice.  I will have my surgery revision from band to VSG on the 20th of May, God willing!!!!!!! YEAH!!!!!     

Tiffany K.  I wish you the very BEST.  God bless you on your 2nd chance with successfull weight loss!!!!

Virgie Tschirhart

Lap Band - 2008, Sleeve - 2009, RYN - 2017

Started Program Weight July 13, 2017 - 194.2

Before Surgery Weight December 27, 2017 - 185.0

Current Weight - February 2018 - 161.0

JROLFSON
on 5/1/09 7:33 am - St. George, UT
Good Luck to you Tiffany...looks like we will go in for surgery on the same day. I'm revising to the ERNY...but we should be on the loser's bench together.

The VSG sounds like a great choice for you....

JRolfson
Most Active