OMG OMG( long) approved and didn't

Strawberry2
on 4/27/09 7:15 am
even know that they had submitted my paperwork - ok so last year I statred getting my ducks in a row for revison - got to the 3 month diet requirement with dietician - dietician plays hide the records and then wanted to charge me an additional 100.00 to write a clearance letter- after fighting with her and contacting the insurance they told me she could not charge me that amount   -after that I chased the insurance guru at my dr office - come to find out she cant find my paper work and tells  me new rule need 6 months - dr leaves the practice and I went to see him with my husband ( husband is wanting to get lap band with my dr) and he tells me we need to get all of the paperwork and to start 3  months again - so technically i am in month 2 - went to see both dr and dietician for 2 consecutive months and was actually getting excited about next month - he calls me today to tell me that he submitted my paperwork and that I am approved - wants to see me on Friday and has a date of May 13 OMG OMG OMG - I am in shock
Jo -319h/202l - 240h/237sd/218.5c/190goal
Arnold H. Glasgow

Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.

Cassandra77
on 4/27/09 7:19 am - Sacramento, CA
Oh wow!  That is crazy...   and that's only 2 weeks away.  I'd be in shock too.  LOL  Congratulations though!  :-)

CASSANDRA

RNY 289/LW 185/REVISION 290/CW 140

Monique H.
on 4/27/09 8:45 am
WOW. Congratulations!!! What type of revision are you having?
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
Strawberry2
on 4/27/09 10:14 am, edited 4/27/09 10:38 am
Thanks Ladies - I am so in shock lol - Monique congrats on your weight loss  thus far - in reading your blog I know that you are struggling but you are doing good - keep the faith - PM me if you need someone to talk to - I have to see my doc on Friday and am leaning to Erny - I have read everything on here regarding all of the different ones - some failures some not - and this is what I chose and will discuss with my doc on Friday our gameplan in depth - when I first had RNY at my highest I was 319 (bmi 54.8) and lowest 202 - i am at 236(40.5) at 4 years out and can honestly say that I know personally where I messed up at - first making myself eat around new coworkers (had just lost my job 1 week before surgery) because I didn't want anyone knowing about my surgery and slacking at the gym - threw in 3 layoffs, a move , 5 deaths , 2 miscarriages later I reverted to my old eating habits - depression is a witch with a "b" that and not really having the support I needed - sorry for rambling but needed to let that out guess I really needed that for me - so I know many will come and say what type I should look into but ultimately I respect your decisions so respect mine -
JROLFSON
on 4/28/09 7:53 am, edited 4/28/09 7:54 am - St. George, UT
FYI....Strawberry:

I'm sure you know this if you've been following this site for very long. But in talking with your Dr. and deciding upon your decision. If you do go with the ERNY...Make sure that he clarifies with you exactly how much he will shorten your common channel too. Sometimes Dr.s won't tell you because they want the ability to use their own judgement after opening you up and seeing what's going on inside. But I can tell you that over 100 doesn't work so well and under 75 sometimes works a little too well...

Janie
Sue O.
on 5/4/09 2:00 pm - Brookfield, WI
"when I first had RNY at my highest I was 319 (bmi 54.8) and lowest 202 - i am at 236(40.5) at 4 years out "

Are you me?  This is exactly me, at 4 1/2 years out!

Sue .
Lap RNY 12/7/04  310 lbs; Lap ERNY 12/14/09   238 lbs
RNY:  310/268.5/202/170 (never got there!)
ERNY:  240/228/215/170

Strawberry2
on 4/28/09 7:01 am, edited 4/28/09 7:01 am
wow -  I just read my posting from yesterday - I hope i didn't offend anone - I have been lurking on the board since last year when I was wanting info on revision and was taken back by the negative post and attackes that I read on here - I get it when you have something good and you want everyone and their mother to try what you have but not everybody was made to have a certain revision. I know for the majority of us we have felt like failures when we started to stop loosing and started gaining weight - when I was first on here 4 years ago I never even knew that they had a revision message board or I of spent my time here - I know the reason for me coming back on the board is to read other people's success and to even give a kind word of encouragement when someone is down - I just hope we can get back on track  and be another form of support system - ok sorry off of my soap box now -
JROLFSON
on 4/28/09 7:49 am, edited 4/28/09 7:50 am - St. George, UT
Hello Strawberry:

I read your post regarding your choice for revision surgery and I applaud you for telling folks what your choice is....I'm sure after reading much of the back and forth and opinions either way....You were somewhat apprehensive of expressing what your desires for revision are.

You are so right when you say that decisions for surgery have to be the individuals choice....What's good for one person isn't always good for the other.

I'm having ERNY on May 20th...And, believe me my choice hasn't been easy...for several reasons...But, ultimately I chose it because the majority of Surgeons I have spoke to told me it was the best fit for my scenerio. I feel good about my decision and plan to do everything within my power to listen, follow directions and make it work...

Please continue to post your progress...I will be looking forward to hearing...And, I will be right behind you...We will say some prayers!

Janie
JRinAZ
on 4/28/09 9:47 am - Layton, UT
Hey there friend!
I'm heading out the door for a support group.....but will catch up with you tomorrow, K?  I can't wait to meet you when you come to Phoenix!!!  Wooooo Hooooo!  You are on the final countdown!!!!  .... Revisions Rock!

Joyce
Deanne K.
on 4/28/09 9:14 am - Tucson, AZ
Strawberry,
Congratulations on getting approved and your moving forward with your revision.   Yes, it is your decision what type of revision surgery you have.  I had and ERNY and have done ok so far.  I won't put stats up anymore as I was so brutely attacked, they thought I was lying when I wasn't.  None of there business anyway.    Best of luck to you and follow all that your Dr. tells you to do.

Deanne
Most Active