Lap-Band to VSG......anyone losing weight?

Nancy M.
on 4/27/09 7:11 am - Warren, MI
I had my Lap-Band removed last year and have not lost a pound since.  I did lose 112 pounds with the band but had it removed due to a slip.

I know there are many forums on this subject, I just cannot seem to find them!

Anyone converted over and still losing???  HELP!!

Nancy
Nancy
Banded: 9/24/04 
Sleeved
: 6-13-08

Zee Starrlite
on 4/27/09 7:26 am
Why that $ucks.  Are you still -112lbs?  What are your stats?  Yep, there are some people who seem not to lose  when revising from LB to VSG BUT they are usually people who didn't do so well with the band. In your case, it seems like you rocked with restriction only.  If you still have the weight you lost off, maybe you can go so far but no further with only restriction. . .  unless maybe you kicked it in super gear with eating less and exercising - dirty word "diet"  just like pre-op.  Don't feel so bad just yet, I think most of us still have to put/keep ourselves in"check" with restrictive only procedures.

Good Luck,
Leila

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

babsintx
on 4/27/09 11:58 am - GA
Hi Nancy,

I weighed 334 at time of banding, lost 155 with the band, regained 60 lbs with an empty band so at the time of sleeve I weighed 242 with BMI of 39 and now weigh 166-170 for a total loss of 74 more pounds with the sleeve.

Babs

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 11:59 pm - AZ
On April 27, 2009 at 2:11 PM Pacific Time, Nancy M. wrote:
I had my Lap-Band removed last year and have not lost a pound since.  I did lose 112 pounds with the band but had it removed due to a slip.

I know there are many forums on this subject, I just cannot seem to find them!

Anyone converted over and still losing???  HELP!!

Nancy

How much solid protein can you eat in one sitting, within 20 minutes?   Something such as chicken, steak, hamburger?

~~Sami~~ *.
on 4/29/09 12:14 pm - Jacksonville, FL
I lost weight for 4 months but nothing in the past 5-6 months.  It sucks. 

Still, there are successes.  Babs comes to mind. 

I think part of the problem deals with how much restriction you were used to with your Band.  For me, it's a bigger issue.  I have very little restriction with my 34F sleeve and can eat basically normal sized portions. No vomiting or anything.

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

Most Active