Revision and fever after release from hospital.....

carvelo
on 4/25/09 11:21 am
I have been having a fever on and off for a couple days.  I called my doc and the nurse told me that a fever up to 101.5 is normal after this surgery.  If it gets up past 101.5   I am to go to the ER for blood work.  What's the deal with the fever coming and going?  Anyone else have this problem?  I am keeping everything super clean, changing drain dressings, keeping everything dry, getting a lot of fluids, and on a liquid diet.  I have a follow up on Tues morning.

Thanks all,

C
(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 2:46 am - AZ
On April 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM Pacific Time, carvelo wrote:
I have been having a fever on and off for a couple days.  I called my doc and the nurse told me that a fever up to 101.5 is normal after this surgery.  If it gets up past 101.5   I am to go to the ER for blood work.  What's the deal with the fever coming and going?  Anyone else have this problem?  I am keeping everything super clean, changing drain dressings, keeping everything dry, getting a lot of fluids, and on a liquid diet.  I have a follow up on Tues morning.

Thanks all,

C

A low grade fever is normal after surgery, it's to be expected.  I kinda disagree with 101.5, I think that's just a tad high.  But if that is what your doc's office says, go with it.  If you are unsure to go an ER.

What is your temp?

pepsi98
on 4/26/09 2:53 am - Norwich, CT
On April 26, 2009 at 9:46 AM Pacific Time, MidwesternGirl wrote:
On April 25, 2009 at 6:21 PM Pacific Time, carvelo wrote:

Thanks all,

C

A low grade fever is normal after surgery, it's to be expected.  I kinda disagree with 101.5, I think that's just a tad high.  But if that is what your doc's office says, go with it.  If you are unsure to go an ER.

What is your temp?

I agree with MWG...I am also a nurse and when I was working with  an  immunocompromised population, we called the Doc for any temp greater than 101, and I think that's a tad too high also.  Fever is the body's way of fighting off infection, but the germs are winning the war is the temp goes up too high.

I would call or go to the ED.
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active