lap band pain

pepsi98
on 4/29/09 7:35 pm - Norwich, CT
On April 29, 2009 at 6:53 AM Pacific Time, JROLFSON wrote:
Yes, I'm going to Arizona and the date is May 20th...It's coming up real fast...But it certainly hasn't been a short time waiting...I've been solidly researching this since I joined OH in 2007....I have skipped around from one procedure to another and talked to many, many surgeons...

I'm at peace with my decision...and I feel I've made the right one for me...

Thanks for asking Sue...

Janie
I'm glad you're now in the home stretch...it's an awful feeling when you've done your research and finally make a decision and then you wait...it's almost anticlimactic.  The waiting is feeling like you're in limbo,because you just want it to happen!

You're in the home stretch for sure...sending you happy and positive thoughts!

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

mgpm
on 4/28/09 9:59 am
I was banded in 03. and lost about 45 lbs.  I was satisfied with that, although I wanted to lose more.  I put up with PBs, sliming, feeling an elephant sit on my chest  I dealt withthose issues a long time.  But it wasn't until Jan of 08 that I started having the most horrible gerd.  I would be lying down and wake up vomiting.  Horrid.   That I couldn't live with.  So I got the fluid taken out and things improved.  I also gained every pound back.

The band was not helpful for me, not the long term tool I coud use.

This time, I'm not messing around.  I'm going for a DS.  I don't want to have any  more revisions. I've shopped around, I've done my research and homework., and I'm going to be a self pay in Brazil with Dr.Marchesini.   I have seen, first hand, too many RNY'ers gain their weigh back.

this has been my experience, and I can't wait to be switched.

Linda
USAF Wife
on 4/29/09 3:42 pm
I have not only pain around the band area, and the port pain is unbelievable.  I am at a pain level 8 some days, bending over, and twisting are not options for me. It kind of feels like the port is pulling on the tubing, and then pulling on the band around my stomach. It's a ripping, shredding pain that happens off and on all day. I can eat a 1 cup of yogurt and have pain around the band area, I can eat a steak and have the same pain, drinking plain water sometimes hurts. It's not restriction or overeating. I haven't had restriction since November, and pretty much my band is super tempermental.

I am having a revision to VSG in June. My new surgeon has told me that the pain is probably due to adhesions from the band, tubing and port area. He said he can't really tell until he gets in there, but I apparently have quite a bit of scar tissue. . .
Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active