lap band pain

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 3:58 am - AZ
On April 27, 2009 at 10:36 AM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
OH, get a life. I am only telling everyone to check out the DS before they make a final decision. I wish smeone had pointed me to the DS forum so I could have checked it out. I was not able to work, but I am doing now parttime transcription and after my DS hope to return to the work field.  I know it can be hard if one doesn't 1) have funds to travel for the DS, or 2) if insurance doesn't pay and self-pay is the only option. In that case. do what you have to, and if the gb is the one you can get, I wish everyone well. It just doesn't work for some and all I aim to do is INFORM those who are on the fence and to check out the DS. BElieve it or not, so many people were not even told about the DS, like me. If you have done your research and know about it, that is great. You are doing what needs to be done. I wish you the best.

I didn't "believe" anything anyone told me and I darn sure didn't depend on others to tell me my options, I researched them myself.  I knew about DS before I was banded and sleeved and I didn't want it, don't need it.

It's easy for you to sit back and tell everyone to get DS, even those who do not qualify.  You aren't paying for your surgery.   So what, you are paying program fees.  Boo hoo.  The horror of having to pay a portion of your own medical care.  I self paid for a band and a revision to a sleeve.  Don't come whining to me about the costs of self pay, I did it.

So before telling the rest of us to get a life, take your own suggestions.

KRWaters
on 4/27/09 3:39 am - Manteca, CA
I had to pay for out of pocket costs, and yes for the DS, I saved money finally and paying for the program fee. It is hard in these times, but I was determined to do it. If you think the bandsters are happy with their choice, very fine and well, and I wish you well.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

JRinAZ
on 4/27/09 7:00 am - Layton, UT
On April 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
Well I do wish you the best. The other gal said I had no knowledge, but I do know that upwards of 50-55% of people who have had the GB will not lose the desired weight, or regain as I have, or have vomiting episodes throughout., so I just wanted you to be aware of that. Do not listen to a GB/lapband doc only, check with a DS surgeon too to get ALL OF THE INFORMATION. I wish you well with whatever you finally decide on.  I am only telling peope about this because I sure wish someone had told me to check out the DS, no one did, and now I have to be cut again to get it done right.
Hate to burst anyone's bubble but many DS'ers are having to be cut again to get it done right as well!!!  Wouldn't it be fantastic if ONE surgery fixed all of our weigt/health issues for good!  But....unfortunately, there's always a risk.  So, we all have to do the best research we can; select the best surgeon to do the BEST surgery for our individual needs and then do our part to make up the difference....even then, there are no guarantees....DS or not!  I have a friend who was just "resleaved" and is loving the new restriction....So, even DS'ers can get a good tweaking

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bpddsrevised/?yguid=204 075911

Joyce in AZ
Revised to eRNY 12/26/07
at Goal

pepsi98
on 4/27/09 7:09 am - Norwich, CT
On April 27, 2009 at 2:00 PM Pacific Time, JRinAZ wrote:
On April 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
Well I do wish you the best. The other gal said I had no knowledge, but I do know that upwards of 50-55% of people who have had the GB will not lose the desired weight, or regain as I have, or have vomiting episodes throughout., so I just wanted you to be aware of that. Do not listen to a GB/lapband doc only, check with a DS surgeon too to get ALL OF THE INFORMATION. I wish you well with whatever you finally decide on.  I am only telling peope about this because I sure wish someone had told me to check out the DS, no one did, and now I have to be cut again to get it done right.
Hate to burst anyone's bubble but many DS'ers are having to be cut again to get it done right as well!!!  Wouldn't it be fantastic if ONE surgery fixed all of our weigt/health issues for good!  But....unfortunately, there's always a risk.  So, we all have to do the best research we can; select the best surgeon to do the BEST surgery for our individual needs and then do our part to make up the difference....even then, there are no guarantees....DS or not!  I have a friend who was just "resleaved" and is loving the new restriction....So, even DS'ers can get a good tweaking

http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/bpddsrevised/?yguid=204 075911

Joyce in AZ
Revised to eRNY 12/26/07
at Goal

Good post Joyce!
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Raindrop
on 4/25/09 5:01 am - Smalltown, IN
I have a lap band.  I began having pain last August.  I was unfilled and had trouble getting insurance to pay.  I was refilled in Feb., pain again.  Unfilled.  Refilled in March, pain again.  I now have .75ccs.  My doc has had me do two barium swallows and can find nothing wrong. He thinks it may be stress related. I have gained back 60 of the 80 I lost.  I am looking at revising to DS.  Please let me knoiw what you find out.  I would be interested.  I tried to explain that my pain feels like the food hits my band and "BAM" pain.  It does not happen each time i eat.  Now that I have less fluid, it only happens 3 or 4 times a week.  It is a different feeling from being stuck.  I don't slime or pb, it just hurts a lot!  Is this what you experience?

16 lbs of this was lost during pre-op diet. 10 lbs were lost with the band.
286/276/173/135
HW/SW/CW/GW
Lost 85 lbs and gained 75 lbs back with lap band.  (3/07 - 7/09 RIP) 
butterflygirliegirl1971
on 4/25/09 8:01 am - Channelview, TX
Thank you for the post. I only have .5 cc in my band and it doesn't matter if I eat or not the irritation is there. I have experienced some extreme pains while eating and yes it sometimes feel like the food hits my band. There are times that I haven't eaten anything and it begins to hurt. It also sometimes hurts when I sleep on my left side. It is really weird. I will most definitely let you know when I get the results from the tests.
KRWaters
on 4/26/09 4:19 am - Manteca, CA
If you are considering a DS, plase stop by the DS forum as I have not yet seen you there, and ask us questions, and we will be all glad to help you out. I wish you well.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

pepsi98
on 4/26/09 5:42 am - Norwich, CT
On April 26, 2009 at 11:19 AM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
If you are considering a DS, plase stop by the DS forum as I have not yet seen you there, and ask us questions, and we will be all glad to help you out. I wish you well.
I guess you would really mean for this woman to stop by for advice from you once you even have had surgery, right?  I mean what can you tell anyone without ANY first hand experience??

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

KRWaters
on 4/26/09 2:40 pm - Manteca, CA
Grow up and go away. I just believe the good people on here when they rave about a very highly proficient procedure that really works. If it does not work for me, I know in my heart that it is still the best WLS out there. Read, read, read.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out

pepsi98
on 4/26/09 7:50 pm - Norwich, CT
On April 26, 2009 at 9:40 PM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
Grow up and go away. I just believe the good people on here when they rave about a very highly proficient procedure that really works. If it does not work for me, I know in my heart that it is still the best WLS out there. Read, read, read.
I have a serious problem with anyone who believes everything they read on the internet first of all.  If you believe everything you read on the internet, I have some land  in Florida I'm looking to unload.  My issue is NOT with the DS, which I might have had if it was more available at the time of my revision, but my problem is with you who has done nothing but bully people around, and disrespect them by TELLING them what they should do!  I also have a problem  with anyone who gives advice to someone without any personal knowledge.  Before I got my band, I never answered questions about the band simply because I didn't have ANY personal knowledge and felt it was better if the person asking got authentic answers from people who had first hand knowledge.

Stop posing as an expert on something you only know  vicariously (look it up in the dictionary). Since I work and am a contributing member of society, my insurance company would't pay for the DS, but I guess if you're getting a freebie from the state with welfare you're in a better position than the rest of us who work for a living.

Most Active