lap band pain

butterflygirliegirl1971
on 4/24/09 11:16 pm - Channelview, TX
There are times through out the day that my band hurts. No, not the port!

I can literally feel an irritation around where the band is located.

Does anyone experience this??? What does this mean??? I'm scheduled for an UGI next week.

I'm currently working on approval for a revision (band to bypass).
KRWaters
on 4/25/09 2:22 am - Manteca, CA
I aM not saying the bypass is bad, but please check out all other options, like the duodenal switch. A better sustained weight loss has been documented. EAting more normally and keeping weight off is what the DS is all about. NO DUMPING!  You eat as would a "normal person" while losing weight. Check out all sources.  Do NOT believe your RNY doc when he bad-mouths the DS. That was an older version that did not work so well and had problems, but the newer version done for the last 20 years works so much better. You would have to take more vitamins than with the RnY, but, if you have to take anyway with the RnY, a few more is nothing for the end result you will get.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

butterflygirliegirl1971
on 4/25/09 8:03 am - Channelview, TX
Thank you KRWaters for your response. With all of my research and issues, I have been leaning towards the bypass. I like having the restriction so I think this is the best route for me. My doctor has been informative and we have discussed my options.
KRWaters
on 4/25/09 2:00 pm - Manteca, CA
Well I do wish you the best. The other gal said I had no knowledge, but I do know that upwards of 50-55% of people who have had the GB will not lose the desired weight, or regain as I have, or have vomiting episodes throughout., so I just wanted you to be aware of that. Do not listen to a GB/lapband doc only, check with a DS surgeon too to get ALL OF THE INFORMATION. I wish you well with whatever you finally decide on.  I am only telling peope about this because I sure wish someone had told me to check out the DS, no one did, and now I have to be cut again to get it done right.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 3:01 am - AZ
On April 25, 2009 at 9:00 PM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
Well I do wish you the best. The other gal said I had no knowledge, but I do know that upwards of 50-55% of people who have had the GB will not lose the desired weight, or regain as I have, or have vomiting episodes throughout., so I just wanted you to be aware of that. Do not listen to a GB/lapband doc only, check with a DS surgeon too to get ALL OF THE INFORMATION. I wish you well with whatever you finally decide on.  I am only telling peope about this because I sure wish someone had told me to check out the DS, no one did, and now I have to be cut again to get it done right.

What insurance company do you have?

KRWaters
on 4/26/09 4:17 am - Manteca, CA
Medicare.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 4:19 am - AZ
On April 26, 2009 at 11:17 AM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
Medicare.

I thought I read in your old profile that you have Medi-Cal, CA's version of Medicaid.  Am I remembering wrong?

KRWaters
on 4/26/09 2:36 pm - Manteca, CA
Yes, that was my old profile and my old (previous) procedure. Medi-Cal then and it paid for my gastric bypass. Now for the last few years I have Medicare and I am covered for the DS. Medicare was a front runner in authorizing the DS and for revisions to DS.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out

(deactivated member)
on 4/27/09 2:10 am - AZ
On April 26, 2009 at 9:36 PM Pacific Time, KRWaters wrote:
Yes, that was my old profile and my old (previous) procedure. Medi-Cal then and it paid for my gastric bypass. Now for the last few years I have Medicare and I am covered for the DS. Medicare was a front runner in authorizing the DS and for revisions to DS.

Okay, let me get this straight, when you spam the boards with DS and tell everyone including those with a BMI under 30 that they should all get DS knowing ins does not cover this in many (most?) cases... you are assuming everyone ELSE should just self pay when welfare paid your bypass and Medicare is paying for your DS.  Do I have that right?

Why don't YOU just self pay for your surgery?  That is essentially what you are suggesting of everyone else.  I've seen you type it, if ins doesn't cover the people should find a way.  FINDING a way means self pay.  You didn't self pay for your own surgeries, the taxpayers did.

How dare you!

KRWaters
on 4/27/09 3:36 am - Manteca, CA
OH, get a life. I am only telling everyone to check out the DS before they make a final decision. I wish smeone had pointed me to the DS forum so I could have checked it out. I was not able to work, but I am doing now parttime transcription and after my DS hope to return to the work field.  I know it can be hard if one doesn't 1) have funds to travel for the DS, or 2) if insurance doesn't pay and self-pay is the only option. In that case. do what you have to, and if the gb is the one you can get, I wish everyone well. It just doesn't work for some and all I aim to do is INFORM those who are on the fence and to check out the DS. BElieve it or not, so many people were not even told about the DS, like me. If you have done your research and know about it, that is great. You are doing what needs to be done. I wish you the best.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

Check out

Most Active