Question about revising from LB to another procedure

Amy Farrah Fowler
on 4/25/09 10:18 am
On April 25, 2009 at 2:26 PM Pacific Time, pepsi98 wrote:
No worries beaglemomma...some people just like to spout off on things that they have NO personal experience about.  You really didn't start anything.  I really  not too clear on your question either.  Have you lost with the band and are worried that you won't be able to keep it off?
Hi pepsi - your reply went to Bearmom, so beaglemomma probably didn't see it (but we ARE both in the dogmom category apparently, lol). I don't think anyone was spouting, I just think most of us were unclear as to what she has or hasn't had yet, and if she's talking about current or possible future BMI.

Beagle certainly didn't start anything, but she would definitely get the best possible information if responders knew what the cir****tances were.
pepsi98
on 4/25/09 10:12 pm - Norwich, CT
I agree...beagle didn't start anything...she was just trying to get some info and got caught in the crossfire!!  I was referring to KR when I said "spouting".

Sorry for the confusion. I agree though, we could probably help with a little more info!

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 2:33 am - AZ
On April 25, 2009 at 2:05 PM Pacific Time, Bearmom wrote:
I'm not clear on the BMI - are you saying your BMI is 30 now, or after some loss with a band?

If it's under 30 now, I don't think I'd risk any WLS, unless there are co-morbiditys that your doctor thinks would be helped.

I had my revision with a BMI of 20.8 and no comorbidities.  I saw no value in gaining weight or yet another surgery so I had it all done at once.  Band removed/sleeve done.  A much safer option.

Most Active