Anyone approved for revision with BMI of 33 or lower?

Ca_girl
on 4/25/09 8:07 am - McKinney, TX

Have had many trouble with teh band and am submitting my paperwork for RNY revision on Thursday. I have United Health Chare Choice Plus PPO - which I hear is really good.

Anyone been approved for revision with LOW bmi? Advice?

Appeal advice?

KRWaters
on 4/26/09 4:21 am - Manteca, CA
Unfortunately with such a low BMI, I am certain you will not get approved for a revision. The consequences are too greaty  All the best.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

(deactivated member)
on 4/26/09 5:54 am - AZ
On April 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM Pacific Time, Ca_girl wrote:

Have had many trouble with teh band and am submitting my paperwork for RNY revision on Thursday. I have United Health Chare Choice Plus PPO - which I hear is really good.

Appeal advice?

It depends on your situation.  Revisions can certainly be done with a BMI of 31.  Bypass is currently being used in lower BMI people to treat diabetes that is not controlled otherwise.  It really depends on your situation.

mew6495
on 4/26/09 7:15 am - MI
On April 25, 2009 at 3:07 PM Pacific Time, Ca_girl wrote:

Appeal advice?

My BMI was 33 when I had my revision.  My insurance would not pre authorize and said that it had to be medically necessary to be covered.  They ended up covering it.

Every situation is different as are insurance companies.  It may depend on how your doctor bills it and what codes he/she uses as well.

mfiscella
on 4/30/09 9:15 am
I have been approved for my revision and I have a BMI of 30. I guess it does vary.
Most Active