Does anyone have a supplemental insurance policy!

mskay
on 4/23/09 9:49 am - chicago, IL
i heard if you get this kind of insurance you can use it along with the insurance you have so you will have more benefits and it will cover what your present insurance wont. and most surgeons accept it even if it's medicaid.
Gayla S.
on 4/23/09 7:20 pm - Leesville, LA
You are correct. I have Medicaid as my supplemental insurance and even though they don't pay for the surgery if that's all you have, they WILL cover the additional 20% and all the co-pays and deductibles that my primary insurance doesn't cover. It's really a wonderful blessing to have.

Frances S. is my ANGEL!
381/287/120- HW/CW/GW I'm 5'2"

Marsha G.
on 4/27/09 8:29 am, edited 4/27/09 8:36 am - Denver, CO
Gayla,
I don't have Medicaid, but I have Medicare, part A, due to Disability. Do you know if that will cover anything? I've been wondering if I should pick up Medicare part B, for about $100.00 a month, and if that would cover any of the revision.  The maze gets confusing.
Thanks, Ldy (Marsha)
I owed it to myself to research the Duodenal Switch before consenting to any other weight loss surgery and so do you.  Check out: DSFacts.com and DuodenalSwitch.com for more information.         

Gayla S.
on 4/27/09 9:28 am - Leesville, LA
Marsha, I wish I could help you. I am unsure which part covers what. I have Medicare Part A and B and it's paying for 80% of my surgery. Medicaid is picking up the co-pays, deductibles, and the other 20% of the surgery and visits. Have you checked to see if you qualify for Medicaid? If you do qualify, it not only pays all the deductibles, co-pays, and other 20%, but it also covers your Medicare Part A and B Premiums. I would definitly check into it! Wish I could help more! God bless you!

Frances S. is my ANGEL!
381/287/120- HW/CW/GW I'm 5'2"

JROLFSON
on 4/24/09 4:43 am - St. George, UT
Hello MSKay:

I have United American Healthcare Supplemental Insurance to my Primary BCBS. My primary does not cover anything attached to weight loss. United American Health will cover medically necessary revisions. I've had this policy about a year. You are right about having a primary who covers 80% and then the supplemental will come in and pick up the balance.

I pay about $247.00 a month for my supplemental policy based on my age of 54. The younger you are the cheaper the monthly dollar amount.

If you would like any other information about it. Feel free to privately PM me.

Janie
Most Active