REVISION SURGEON NEAR HOUSTON

Deanna C.
on 4/21/09 4:11 am - Manvel, TX
I'm interested in having a revision.  I had the RNY about 3 years ago and have gained back a lot of weight.  Can anyone recommend a good revision surgeon near Houston, TX?

Thanks
Donzelle
on 4/21/09 6:19 am - TX

Hello,

There is Dr. Ferari  and Dr. Spivak in Houston.  My surgeon is Dr. Guillermo Gomez in Galveston, but his office is in League City. Hope this helps,

Donzelle

Donzi

Deanna C.
on 4/21/09 6:45 am - Manvel, TX

Hi!

Dr. Ferrari's office had me do an Upper GI, but I'm having a hard time getting them to respond to me.  I'll look into the others.  Thanks a bunch!

carvelo
on 4/22/09 12:43 am
Dr. Garth Davis and his father practice together in Houston.  They also have a show on TLC called Big Medicne.  I met Dr. Garth Davis last year when I started looking into revisions, but then I found one here in Louisiana,
Wishing u the very best.

Carmen
Deanna C.
on 4/22/09 12:53 am - Manvel, TX

Thank you for your post.  I've seen that show, but completely forgot that they work out of Houston.  I'll check 'em out.  Thank you!

mkbeany
on 4/22/09 9:30 am
Dr Gomez (UTMB Galveston) will be doing mine soon. I am trying to lose 15 pounds that he wants be to take off before scheduling surgery.

I am also a nurse there at UTMB. He is very good surgeon.

Good luck!
"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom. " -- Anais Nin

Revised from Band to Bypass 10/26/09
High Wt 355/ Surgery Wt 343 (BMI 61) / Current Wt 190 on 3/17/12

TT/Fleur De Lis 8/22/11
Mastopexy and Brachioplasty 12/14/11
Deanna C.
on 4/22/09 9:21 pm - Manvel, TX
Thanks for your response!  Good Luck to you!
JeannieBVA1
on 4/23/09 12:54 pm
mkbeany-   I absolutly LOVE your photo...  It's just precious!!

To the rest of the gang...  I'm scheduled to have revision surgery 4-30-09 at 6:am...

I'm going from a RNY done in 1993 to a lab band.  I have a 5 month old and just did not want to chance some of the other procedures.

I lost 120 lbs and kept it off for 13 years.... I've now put just about all of it back on in the past 3 years... (sigh)

Anyway... Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me and I will keep the board updated.

Thanks,

Jeannie
KRWaters
on 4/25/09 2:33 am - Manteca, CA
Good luck with that band.

KAREN W. 

I LOVE MY DS!!!!!

STRIVE TO BE THE BEST YOU CAN BE AND DO THE BEST THAT YOU CAN.

Check out
www.dsfacts.com  and www.duodenalswitch.com
 for all the accurate information on the great DS, and find surgeons in your area or around the country or out of the country.

I couldn't have done without all the great peeps on this board.

SW: 234.5     CW: 157   GW: 140 - ish 

pepsi98
on 4/25/09 3:32 am - Norwich, CT
On April 23, 2009 at 7:54 PM Pacific Time, JeannieBVA1 wrote:
mkbeany-   I absolutly LOVE your photo...  It's just precious!!

To the rest of the gang...  I'm scheduled to have revision surgery 4-30-09 at 6:am...

I'm going from a RNY done in 1993 to a lab band.  I have a 5 month old and just did not want to chance some of the other procedures.

I lost 120 lbs and kept it off for 13 years.... I've now put just about all of it back on in the past 3 years... (sigh)

Anyway... Keep your fingers and toes crossed for me and I will keep the board updated.

Thanks,

Jeannie
Jeannie,
I remember you like last year...ROSE or something?? I had stomaphyx, but finally ended up having a band placed over my old bypass in 12/08.  The weight loss is slower, but it is a good option for some (it was for me).

PM me if there are any questions etc I can answer for you!

Good Luck!

Sue
 "The Joy of the Lord is your strength."  Nehemiah 8:10

START:  330         CURRENT:  274.5 lbs         GOAL:  190          TOTAL:  55.5 lbs

Most Active