Revised on 20 April-Outta surgery, doing well

carvelo
on 4/21/09 2:55 am
Just a note for those who are interested.  I had my surgery 20 Apr 09 via Laproscopic. I was miserable all day yesterday .  The gas inmy tummy was a killer.  Could not sleep either.  Today is much better.  Alittl esore, but good.   I have a drain in that will stay on until next Wed.  I am hoping to go home tmmorow. Glad it's over with for the most part.I was in surgery for 3 hours.  My stoma as redone and now my RNY is divided not undivided like the first time.

Take care all,

Carmen
JROLFSON
on 4/21/09 6:03 am - St. George, UT
Good For You! Carvelo....

Glad it's behind you. Hope you are feeling ok...We will be watching for your posts and updates on your progress.

I'm having my revision on May 20th so one month behind you.

Good Luck on your quest!

JRolfson
carvelo
on 4/21/09 8:13 am
Thank u so much.  so far so good. Exept for the drain tube, but even that is not so bad. Just the thought of it!
I will be praying for ya :)
beth brown
on 4/22/09 1:55 pm - Marshall, MO
Hi , My name is Beth and I am wanting to have a revision but I dont know lot about it . Can any of you give me any info on them. I had a LAP/RNY in May of 04 and had 2 kids sence  then and well just cant get back on track. I have questions like about Insuarce....can you get them to pay for them and under what cirumstances ? and will we drop the weight fast as most of us did pre bypass ? anyways thanks everyone .
mew6495
on 4/23/09 9:50 am - MI
On April 22, 2009 at 8:55 PM Pacific Time, Beulah wrote:
Hi , My name is Beth and I am wanting to have a revision but I dont know lot about it . Can any of you give me any info on them. I had a LAP/RNY in May of 04 and had 2 kids sence  then and well just cant get back on track. I have questions like about Insuarce....can you get them to pay for them and under what cirumstances ? and will we drop the weight fast as most of us did pre bypass ? anyways thanks everyone .
Hi Beth,

You are doing the right thing by asking questions and searching out your options.  You will find there are many.  Some more riskier then others, all with different advantages and disadvantages.  

Insurance covered mine.  This depends on your carriers coverage.  I would suggest  calling them or going on line and finding out what their requirements are.

I think everyone is different as far as weight loss and how fast.  This could also depend on the type of revision you choose and if you have any metabolic conditions.  

I chose to have my original RNY in 2001 revised to an ERNY.  This is where they create a common channel rather then just bypassing a given amount of intestine.  My pouch was not touched as I did not want to take the added risk that is associated with the take down of the pouch and the reconstruct.  I might also suggest that you ask your doctor to schedule a upper GI and an EDG to determine the condition of your pouch and stoma.  This could also help with your insurance.  One of the single most important factors is make sure you find a surgeon who is very experienced in revisions.  Some of these surgeries are not easy and you want to make sure your surgeon is qualified.

Good luck on your research.  Feel free to pm me if you have any further questions. 

beth brown
on 4/23/09 3:59 pm - Marshall, MO
Hi , First just wanted to say thank you for your input . I got a couple of responces that I dont know it was like I almost irrated this lady because I had questions. I am sorry I didnt catch your name .My first name is Beulah as it appears on here , but I use my middle name Beth ( you can see why ) lol . Anyway I would have PM'd you but I was not sure how to on this site . Do you have yahoo ? I do have more questions...um have you lost more weight and had you regained is that the reason that you had it ? How do you feel , is it like in the begining when we first had our bypasses ? and my last for now what is ERNY ? sorry I know that one is proubley simple but I am just starting my research on this topic.

I did have the upper GI and the scope done On Wed of this week. I am not sure what the finding were , but I see my doctor on the 30th . I am thinking that he went ahead and done those knowing that I am thinking of having a revsion , if he will do it. I also had a perfereated ulcer in Jan of 06 . I had just had a baby by c-sec and I was on viciaden for the pain and I think that they thought that the strong pain meds had something  to do with the ulcer and I have read some things on here about ulcer 's and metabolic something but I dont understand that just yet...still reasearching of course . Anyway 's thanks again for sharing with me. Have a good night .
mew6495
on 4/24/09 12:24 pm - MI
On April 23, 2009 at 10:59 PM Pacific Time, Beulah wrote:
Hi , First just wanted to say thank you for your input . I got a couple of responces that I dont know it was like I almost irrated this lady because I had questions. I am sorry I didnt catch your name .My first name is Beulah as it appears on here , but I use my middle name Beth ( you can see why ) lol . Anyway I would have PM'd you but I was not sure how to on this site . Do you have yahoo ? I do have more questions...um have you lost more weight and had you regained is that the reason that you had it ? How do you feel , is it like in the begining when we first had our bypasses ? and my last for now what is ERNY ? sorry I know that one is proubley simple but I am just starting my research on this topic.

I did have the upper GI and the scope done On Wed of this week. I am not sure what the finding were , but I see my doctor on the 30th . I am thinking that he went ahead and done those knowing that I am thinking of having a revsion , if he will do it. I also had a perfereated ulcer in Jan of 06 . I had just had a baby by c-sec and I was on viciaden for the pain and I think that they thought that the strong pain meds had something  to do with the ulcer and I have read some things on here about ulcer 's and metabolic something but I dont understand that just yet...still reasearching of course . Anyway 's thanks again for sharing with me. Have a good night .
 Hi again....

First if you want to PM someone all you have to do is click on the "contact" button at the bottom of any post and it will personally pm the individual.  Or you can go into the "message" section under your profile and contact someone.  I will pm you to answer your questions.  When you get a message it will say at the top of your screen when you log in "you have 1 message".  Just click on that and it will take you to your message center.

rebeccaford
on 4/21/09 11:02 am - Honolulu, HI
Sounds like you are doing well.  Don't over-do it! 

Congrats!
lalala2
on 4/22/09 12:10 pm - Winnetka, CA
Hope you continue to improve at an accelerated rate.  I'm there with U.  I had my revision surgery on 4/8/09 but it was an open procedure.  I'm not experiencing the kind of gas you are, and have no drain, but the open is MUCH more difficult than my prior lap.  Hopefully, we will both be on the road to recovery shortly and enjoy the results of our revision surgery.  All the best to you.
lalala2
carvelo
on 4/24/09 2:18 pm
Hi and thanks for the great message!  I am doing ok, just the drain tube is a little bothersome.  The Lap insicions r ok too.  I had the open RNY in 2001 and could not turn  or twist my body for several weeks.  However, the laporscopic seems to have kicked my butt with the gas and drain tube.  I am 7 years older than the 1s RNY, so that could make a difference too.  I an happy u r doing well.  I wish u the best of luck on your contiunued recovery :-)

Carmen
Most Active