Referral approved, Consult appointment set

USAF Wife
on 4/20/09 6:23 am, edited 4/27/09 1:16 pm

I have not been this ecstatic in months. After living through hell with the band for the last 6.5 months, my referral to another surgeon has been approved, and I was able to get the appointment set for next Monday.

I have Tricare Prime since the husband is active duty Air Force, and was dreading having to deal with referrals to another surgeon. I am going on-base since my experience with the civilian surgeon has left a lot to be desired. If they can not perform the revision to the sleeve. They will refer me off base to a civilian and Tricare has to approve it. Overall, it's been a great day. I'm saying lots of prayers that next Monday brings good news. The med asst. told me to be prepared for fluoro, ultrasound and possibly a scope. He was shocked to find out my port is on the left side of my abdomen, and this ripping sensation I am feeling is definitely a sign that something is wrong on the inside.

Thanks to all of you that kept me in your thoughts and prayers ! ! ! Hopefully, this lapband hell will be done and over with in the very near future.

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Mandy_
on 4/20/09 6:41 am - cincinnati, OH
I didn't know tricare did the sleeve.  I thought choices were lapband or bypass.  cool.

good luck tiffany!!!

Mandy, Mom to Jordan (5), Kaida (3) and Luken (born 12/5/09) Army wife!   HW:351 / SW: 328 / CW:149/ Goal weight...what is that?

Lilypie - (Q3jk)

USAF Wife
on 4/20/09 7:06 am
On April 20, 2009 at 1:41 PM Pacific Time, Mandy_ wrote:
I didn't know tricare did the sleeve.  I thought choices were lapband or bypass.  cool.

good luck tiffany!!!

You're correct that Tricare doesn't usually approve the sleeve, but Eglin AFB does the sleeve more than the band. . .

By going on base, I am essentially bypassing having to go through Tricare. I simply have to make my case to the surgeon, and have him evaluate me, and go from there.

Most days, my pain level ranges from 6-8, I bent over the washing machine a couple of weeks ago and almost passed out from the shredding pain across my abdomen. Least to say, I'm done with the band, and RNY is just not an option for me.

If I would of known that Eglin did the sleeve, I would of gone there initially.

Thanks for the encouragement. . .

Band to VSG revision: June 3, 2009
SW 270lbs GW 150lbs CW Losing Pregancy Weight Maintenance goal W 125-130lbs

Most Active