Revision questions?

chellyalb
on 4/19/09 10:28 am - Raleigh, NC
I am in talks with my doctor about getting a revision. We are doing test to see if my pouch is  working or what is going why I have gained so much weight back.I had my RYN back in 2001  I have been on here asking about revisions. I don't think my insurance will pay for it so I will also most likely have to pay for it out of pocket which is going to suck. Since who has that much money laying around? Anyway....so what should I do stick with they the path I am on being on a diet, working out all the time and gaining wieght like there is no tomorrow? Wait and see what my test come out to say and what the doctor finds out  and go from there? I have just fought so hard to get this wieght off and it is a heart break to see it coming back on..... SO what do I do? I am so lost.... Any idea? Thanks all Chelly
mskay
on 4/19/09 3:11 pm, edited 4/19/09 3:12 pm - chicago, IL
hey chelly it always suck when we have to pay out our pockert and the weight come back i went from 292 to 150 i had a rny in 2000. i just went to see a doctor here in illinois that want 15,000 in cash.even if i have insurance cause he's out of network and he been stiffed on people returning to give him the check the insurance company sent to them.so im looking to have my hernia remove and my food passes through very quickly now so he going to fix that and he wants the cash to do it.i even have medicaid and i know they will cover this procedure. it's just finding a surgeon that will be willing to wait on the payment from the state.i think you should shop around and also see if you can get approve for medicaid in your state as long as your not asking for cash and foodstamps and you dont make a ton of money approval is easy. and start looking for a doctor that will accept it.but you need a upper gi to see if your stomach pouch has stretched and your connection hasnt come loose because thats why most of us gain the weight back because we feel no restriction and we keep eating. keep your head up!
Most Active