My employer is the only thing in my way of my Revision to RNY on 6/16

Rose A.
on 4/16/09 1:49 pm - Methuen, MA
The only thing in the way right now on my sugery date of June 16th . They have denied my FMLA and its because I have not worked the 1250 hours in the past 12 months. Do I have a fighting chance? If not, I have to wait till Sept for my surgery. I am so angry and so beside myself I cannot even tell you. All because the last week of my 3 week LOA is the first week of July which according to them is a busy vacation week. What are my rights with this?

It kills me cause I have worked for this company for 15 years. The busy vacation time is July and Aug...I am asking for the last 2 weeks ofJune and 1st of July...its crazy! I have lots of seniority here so I dont know what kind of chance I stand. And YES, I have pleny of sick and vacation time to cover it. They have no idea what I am having done. My surgeon just sent a fax stating that my "procedure" is of medical neccessity so lets see if that makes a difference. I wont know anything until Tuesday.

306/261.5/233.5/180

Highest/Day of surgery/CURRENT/Goal
Revision from Lap Band to RNY on June 16, 2009!!
Rose
        Success is a journey....not a  destination.
Dream as if you will live forever......Live as if you will die today.....

mew6495
on 4/17/09 12:24 pm - MI
 That's tough!  to be close but yet feel you are being delayed even if just for a few months can be so disheartening.  

Below is the governments website address on the provisions and eligibility for FMLA.  It does state the requirement of the 1250 work hours.  I would read through it and see if there is any loop holes that may help your situation.

http://www.dol.gov/esa/whd/fmla/

Good Luck to you.

Most Active