RNY Revision as an outpatient?

Linda F.
on 4/11/09 1:03 pm - Tampa, FL

Has anyone on here had a RNY revision done as an outpatient procedure?

I had a consult last week and the surgeon said that he did them outpatient. 

Thanks, Linda

(deactivated member)
on 4/11/09 11:00 pm - AZ
On April 11, 2009 at 8:03 PM Pacific Time, Linda F. wrote:

Has anyone on here had a RNY revision done as an outpatient procedure?

I had a consult last week and the surgeon said that he did them outpatient. 

Thanks, Linda

What kind of RNY revision?

Fatfreedom
on 4/13/09 1:04 pm - NH
I had a RNY and am having an endoscopy with sclerotherapy which is done as an outpatient procedure.  If you google it or search on this board you can find out more info. I am surprised, though, that a doc would automatically assume that this would be what you would need without doing an upper GI series.
In the process of seeking a revision to RNY(12/03).  Sclerotherapy has been recommended after exploratory endoscopy last week.  I am meeting with my surgeon 4/9 to discuss what I am going to do.
rebeccaford
on 4/13/09 1:20 pm - Honolulu, HI

I just got home on friday from my revision from VBG to RNY (both open procedures). 

I couldn't imagine going home on outpatient.  I'd be too scared.  There is just too much going with our bodies after revision...scar tissue and all that.  I had 2 days with severe hypoxia and produced very little urine on top of that.  So to me it would be scary to have left and then have these issues without some aftercare. 

But that is just me...good luck...  Rebecca

Linda F.
on 4/13/09 9:52 pm - Tampa, FL
I know...that's what I was also thinking.  PLUS, we live about 1 hour and 45 minutes away from where the procedure would be done - which means an immediate long car ride and being quite far from the doctor, in something goes wrong.  EEeeekks!  I will have to talk to him more about it later.  BUT I haven't even been approved yet, so maybe I'm putting the horse before the cart. 
Zee Starrlite
on 4/14/09 6:30 am
What type of revision are you going to have?

3/30/2005 Lap Band installed  12/20/2010  Lap Band REMOVED  
6/6/2011 Vertical SLEEVE Gastrectomy

Linda F.
on 4/13/09 9:53 pm - Tampa, FL
I mean the cart before the horse.....ha ha!
(deactivated member)
on 4/15/09 12:43 am - AZ
On April 14, 2009 at 4:53 AM Pacific Time, Linda F. wrote:
I mean the cart before the horse.....ha ha!

What kind of revision are you getting?

Cynthia Johnson
on 4/14/09 11:14 am
Hello, I had the Erny open on a Tuesday morning and was released Wednesday evening.  The surgery kicked my b...  I was driven home which took two hours it was rough but I made it.  I was glad to have the hospital stay.  At home I was a weak puppy and needed my sister and friend to care for me.  So, I had home care that first week.  I was really thankful.

I hope that helps.  One night in the hospital worked for me.
All the best!!
Cynthia

Most Active