Doesn't ins HAVE to pay?

shele
on 4/9/09 11:36 pm
I am wondering about all the denials. I am under the impression that if you have the same Insurance as the first time around or the same employer, that they will have to cover falied procedures. I am talking about Mechanical failures here.

I learned from my own ins coordinator that they pretty much cant deny to fix a procedure. They cant just leave you hanging and in misery!

I don't know if this helps anyone, but they insured you and will have to take care of the problems I think!

shele
LiFeLoNg hEaLtH imY GoAl
RNY 5-11-04 280
Lowest weight 174
Highest re-gain 238

erny 3-23-09 (120 common channel

low post revision 190
Current Weight  204

Height 5'6"

GOAL 154 Normal BMI

mew6495
on 4/10/09 3:38 am - MI
 It would depend on your insurance guidelines.  They all have them.  In most instances they will only cover it if it is a mechanical failure.  For my insurance (BCBS) they only cover revisions if;

1.  It has to be medically necessary
2.  It can not be because you did not loose the the total amount of weight you had wanted to from your original wls
3.  The cause of failure has to be confirmed by your doctor.  What precipitated the failure.

I agree that they will often "fix" a failure.  But the trick is proving what the actual failure was.  Again each insurance company is different.  "Fixing Problems" to me indicates they are looking for a mechanical failure of some type.

I guess you just have to be persistent and be willing to fight it if they should come back with an original denial.

Most Active