conversion to distal gastric bypass,

(deactivated member)
on 4/10/09 3:12 am - kent, WA
Any one had a  proximal conversion to  a distal gastric bypass, I am 7 1/2 months out and am still fat. I have 50 lbs to go. I am under the impression that I should have lost it all by now. This last three month period has been hell. I have only lost 20 lbs this quarter. I have lost  about 70 pounds all together,  With like I said 50 lbs to go. I am concerned that I will no longer lose the weight, that I am done. Like I said, this quarter has been hell for me. I struggle and suffer with hunger that I have to suppress. I didn't think it would be like this. I don't eat wrong foods and I don't snack, and I don't stuff myself. I don't go above 7 grams of fat and not above 6 grams of sugar. The only thing I figure is that I must not have as much  malabsortion that my body needs.
I need some feed back from you all. Please even just an opinion would help me.
Monique H.
on 4/10/09 3:27 am
I feel like you are still going to lose. As long as you are doing what you are supposed to do, eating right and working out. 20 pounds I feel is good to be 7 1/2 months out. That averages to about 7 pounds a month. I just had a revision 1/13/09 to a distal and am struggling to get those results. I'm in the gym working out an hour and a half 5 days a week. l'm taking in 800-900 calories a day and I'm still not getting the same results as you. Just take a deep breath and relax. I have all the faith in the world to believe that you will make it to your goal. Keep up the good work.
WHEN LIFE KNOCKS YOU DOWN TO YOUR knees, JUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE IN THE PERFECT POSITION TO PRAY. HW 395, RNY 4/2/07 345, Lowest Weight 248,  Revision to Distal RNY 1/13/09 278,Revision to DS 10/15/10
shona67
on 4/27/15 1:56 pm - Lancaster, TX

Monique, I recently had the distal bypass on March 2nd & I'm not liking my weight loss progress.will you share your daily vitamin regemin & foods that you eat? Also how much weight have you lost feel free to join our Facebook page "Distal bypass"

Stephanie G.
on 5/1/15 7:04 am - Rowlett, TX

Hey Monique I just sent you a PM.  I too had a distal and would love to talk to you about it.

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

mew6495
on 4/10/09 3:34 am - MI
 Hi Mona,

I originally had a proximal RNY and recently revised to an ERNY.  My original RNY was in 2001 and my revision was in late 2008.  During my original RNY I lost probably 75% of my excess weight in the first 8 months and then it slowed down but I still continued to loose for about 1.5 years out and was able to get below my goal.  

Have you talked to your doctor about your concerns?  He can run some tests to see if any abnormal things are going on with your pouch or stoma.  An upper GI and an EDG might be necessary.

Perhaps increasing your exercise level a bit will get it jump started.  Even if it is just walking a short time for 4 days a week could be very helpful.  The only other suggestions I could add is start writing everything you stick in your mouth down.  Sometimes you would be amazed at what your actual intake is.  fitday.com is a good source for tracking your food intake.  Could it be possible you are not getting enough calories in per day?  Your body may be in starvation mode.  The last suggestion is make sure protein is about 75% of your daily intake.  Simple carbs can be our undoing.  

I hope things turn around for you.  Good Luck.

shona67
on 4/27/15 1:59 pm - Lancaster, TX

Mona, I recently had the distal bypass on March 2nd & I'm not liking my weight loss progress.will you share your daily vitamin regemin & foods that you eat? Also how much weight have you lost feel free to join our Facebook page "Distal bypass". We are researching trying to find people that had the distal that can help us to get on track.

Thank you,

JROLFSON
on 4/15/09 12:13 am - St. George, UT
Dear Mona:

If I read correctly you have lost 70 lbs total since having your Distal? Am I correct on this?

That is an amazing loss! Truly many folks on this board would love to have that same result because most after revising to distal only lose 50-60 lbs total. I don't know exactly what all your Dr. did or how much he shortened your common channel. But I would say that a 70 lb lost in 7.5 months is excellent.

You hang in there. I could only hope to have the same results. I am converting on May 20th so I am impressed with your results.

Janie
Stephanie G.
on 5/1/15 7:08 am - Rowlett, TX

Janie, I just sent you a PM as I too had a distal and would love to talk to you.

~Stephanie~
RNY revision from lapband 7/30/07...TT/BL 10/9/08 and at GOAL

stacyinohio
on 5/5/15 12:50 pm
On May 1, 2015 at 2:08 PM Pacific Time, Stephanie G. wrote:

Janie, I just sent you a PM as I too had a distal and would love to talk to you.

Hi Stephanie...

I had an RNY in May 2011 and I'm considering revision to distal bypass. I would love to hear about your experience!

(deactivated member)
on 4/15/09 5:59 am
could someone exlplain to me more about the ERNY... Im clueless and trying to google it, but would like to hear from someone first hand
Most Active