ANYONE HAD DR. CARLOS FERRARI AS SURGEON?

Deanna C.
on 4/9/09 3:18 am - Manvel, TX

Hi everyone!  I usually only read the postings, but was curious about something.  I'm going to have an Upper GI tomorrow to see if there is anything wrong with my previous Rouxen Y surgery from July 2006.  I'm able to eat quite a bit and have gained back most of the weight I had lost.  As a matter of fact, I never got all the way to goal.  After my Upper GI, I'll be meeting with Dr. Carlos Ferrari in Houston, TX to find out what my options are.  Has anyone had surgery with Dr. Ferrari?  What do you think about him and his practice?  Does he offer a lot of choices when discussing a revision?  I wanted to have the DS, but his nurse told me that none of the insurance companies are paying for DS surgery unless you work for Memorial Hospital.  That seemed strange to me.  Anyway...any info or advice would really be appreciated.

Thanks so much!

Deanna

teeblue
on 4/11/09 1:36 pm - beaumont, TX
hi, deanna, dr .jay did my lapband in 05, i loss 75 pound, they the band slip, so i had it removed, so last year i look into ds, so dr. ferrari, did the ds, in oct,  i have loss 85 pounds, great doc.
Deanna C.
on 4/12/09 9:31 pm - Manvel, TX

Thank you so much for your reply.  I'm glad to know that someone was able to have the DS recently.  I've got Cigna insurance and they are pretty good.  I had my upper GI on Friday and I'm hoping to find out the results today.  Wish me luck!

Most Active